Author Topic: We need to talk about the Gallery section...  (Read 1914 times)

Not the same at all
You can ignore the posts without having to clean it up
they're both crappy and annoying

...because it's not like they're half of the gallery section.
Actually the sad truth is that half (if not more) of all videos posted on the Gallery section are now like this.

the mlg pro video was stuffty as forget and should probably not belong in Gallery, but the "the ring - tv scene" video was p good imo.
For the last time, this thread isn't about these two particular videos; I only used them as examples and this thread is about the entire video section in general.
aka you're butthurt that people like his video more than yours. 0/10, op.
As you much as you're coming off handicapped to me, I can't really deny this either. It is perfectly understandable getting annoyed over something awfully made by someone in the space of half an hour, gets more reception than something you worked hard on for many hours, if not days. (even though that isn't really the case in this situation)

Anyway to add a bold statement to this topic, I think any post on Gallery under a certain level for quality should be removed. Sure it can be funny and make no sense at all, but can you please put some loving effort into it?

so, you're butthurt that you didn't get enough attention?
basically what yosher said.
this is a ultimate new low.

this

Your video was cool and all and obviously took some effort to build and film, but all you did was rip an existing scene from a movie dude. Your video is maybe like one tier above the MLG video in that regard.

I don't really think you understand what I meant, so let rephrase. This isn't applying to me, it's applying to anyone. It is stupid that people who work hard on something should sit back and watch something that have lesser quality get quotes like "10/10 best video evar" on it. Anyway it is pretty clear you're just this to have a go at me, Pass.

they're both crappy and annoying
That depends on quality, and you can still ignore it by not going into topics that are obviously joke topics
Actually the sad truth is that half (if not more) of all videos posted on the Gallery section are now like this.
Oh well videos yeah, but most of the time when someone makes a video for blockland they make it funny, because they can do that in this game.

i dont think any video should be in the gallery.

so nuts to both your examples.
Thisthisthis.
Videos should be in general discussion or if badspot makes a section dedicated to videos

when I saw the topic title I thought this was going to be more about the spam threads like this rather than videos :T

I don't really think you understand what I meant, so let rephrase. This isn't applying to me, it's applying to anyone. It is stupid that people who work hard on something should sit back and watch something that have lesser quality get quotes like "10/10 best video evar" on it. Anyway it is pretty clear you're just this to have a go at me, Pass.
No, he's serious, and he's right too. You're just butthurt that your video didn't get as much attention as a video that is in a completely different genre of production than your own video. That's how the world works, get over it.

No, he's serious, and he's right too. You're just butthurt that your video didn't get as much attention as a video that is in a completely different genre of production than your own video. That's how the world works, get over it.
Um, font. Anyway I'm going to say this one last time; this isn't about my video or Toasty_Enginner's, it's about the entire section in general, becoming a place where people think they can basically post spam.

Um, font. Anyway I'm going to say this one last time; this isn't about my video or Toasty_Enginner's, it's about the entire section in general, becoming a place where people think they can basically post spam.
Things you can post here:
  • Stories of online betrayal
  • How tribal/offensive/noobish certain users are
  • Who you should or should not ban/admin

the same thing happens in the drawings megathread, but you just gotta roll with the punches. your stuff ian't always going to be appreciated. Most people don't think anyone else in cohort builds besides sylvanor, which sucks for me, but w/e.