More Purposes for Interactive Vehicle Support?

Author Topic: More Purposes for Interactive Vehicle Support?  (Read 3666 times)

So my friend has recently begun implementing Interactive Vehicle Support into his car, and that has spawned a few ideas in my head.  Would it be possible to, using the system that IVS uses, do something like define a zone around a button on the dash that, when triggered, pulls up the /stereo GUI from the stereo mod (assuming the client has that mod)?  At the bottom of this page detailing how to add IVS to any vehicle, it mentions that there is a limit of 4 animations playing at once.  Other than that, there seems like there are no restrictions for how many zones can be included on the vehicle.  If anything is possible, I would like to take a swing at it, and would turn my best Lego vehicle into an extremely interactive vehicle.

Here are some things I would like to add to a car, tell me if they are possible:

-/stereo mod GUI pulled up when a button on the center dash is pressed
-Horn sound when the horn on the steering wheel is hit
-Gear shift that, upon exceeding specific speeds, increases the max speed on every interaction
-Handbrake that toggles drift mode

Some less practical but possibly still possible ideas:
-Button that ejects (dismounts) the driver and anyone sitting shotgun, then blows up the vehicle
-Button that momentarily changes the emitter coming out of the exhaust pipe and increases speed

Another idea that just popped into my head that I would definitely not attempt, but am just interested in knowing if it seemed possible, is to include an array of buttons on the dash that can be linked to events on the spawn brick.  Each button would trigger a corresponding input event.

So what do you guys think?  Are any of these possible?  Is this even worth while trying to do?  Got any other ideas how IVS could be used?

I can't think of a way to do this other than having multiple planes with a gaze detection.
Say if you gaze at the horn, it honks. That's the only way I think it could work.
Other than that if you turn and look around to quickly your car goes into a fit of rage as every scripted notion plays out at once.

I can't think of a way to do this other than having multiple planes with a gaze detection.
Say if you gaze at the horn, it honks. That's the only way I think it could work.
Other than that if you turn and look around to quickly your car goes into a fit of rage as every scripted notion plays out at once.

Have you ever heard of Support_Interactive_Vehicle?  That is what I am referencing here.  It allows people to create zones on vehicles that, when clicked, trigger defined animations on the vehicle.  Currently, it is only used to make a door or hood open on a car, but this thread here is asking if there can be purposes for it besides animations, and if those purposes are possible.

Fully possible, yes. Where the playThread function and friends are in Step 5, that's where you'd want to put whatever relevant code you want to get going.

Fully possible, yes. Where the playThread function and friends are in Step 5, that's where you'd want to put whatever relevant code you want to get going.

Ok, then I will get started on making some very interactive vehicles.

Changing tires on vehicles can be "Hacky" Like normal tires to drifting tires, That won't work out well..

Changing tires on vehicles can be "Hacky" Like normal tires to drifting tires, That won't work out well..

I was thinking it would be possible to execute a different wheel.cs when necessary.  Dunno if that's how it works, though.

make doors for bombers

make doors for bombers

Ooo, I like that idea.  Activate a weapon when a button is pressed.

Horn activated is possible without looking at steering wheel, Filipe has done that with the Speedkart.

"-Button that ejects (dismounts) the driver and anyone sitting shotgun, then blows up the vehicle
-Button that momentarily changes the emitter coming out of the exhaust pipe and increases speed"

Did you get those ideas from 2 Fast 2 Furious? It seems like it- I like it! :3
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 12:19:51 PM by Death The Kid »

Personally, I would prefer keybinds for these so that only the driver can control the car (the radio shouldn't be a problem). Some cars have a light key. This is still a really good idea though

Personally, I would prefer keybinds for these so that only the driver can control the car (the radio shouldn't be a problem). Some cars have a light key. This is still a really good idea though

Indeed it would!

Keybinds would definitely be way better than manual button pushing in-game, but that ruins the interactivity.  I would like to make vehicles with keybound functions, but I want to try this first.

Once I get done with my Lego vehicle packs, I'm gunna make a car and fill it with interactive parts.  Here is a list of what I've got planned:

-Doors (2)
-Hood
-Trunk
-Windows
-Headlights (normal + highbeams)
-Radio
-Windshield wipers
-Turn indicators
-Sun roof (glass + cover) or convertible
-Key slot (toggles vehicle power and starts engine animation)
-Horn
-Sun visors
-Seat adjustment

I'll try as many of those as possible
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:27:00 PM by Gen. Hothauser »

Heh, Just like I suggested one time

Blinkers would be so easy once I learn how to implement IVS.  It would just be a cyclic animation, nothing other than that different than a door opening.