Author Topic: Help, I feel bad.  (Read 1495 times)

So yeah, I often feel bad for people when things don't go their way. Now,  this might not seem bad. And it isn't really bad. But I feel bad over the smallest,  most trivial things,  sometimes.

A couple examples: I'm playing Words with Friends with my dad,  and I've been beating him. I feel really bad about it.

Another one: the one time I reported someone on this forum, the guy got banned, and I felt really bad. And for goodness sake,  I reported him because it was obvious spam.

Also,  say there's only a small portion of leftover soup that my family really likes,  and I get it because my brother didn't come down for lunch soon enough,  I would probably feel bad. Like to the point where I might offer him the soup.

Is this normal?

I sometimes feel the same way about random things. My mother has always played the guilt game with me and my siblings. Maybe it's from that

this happens to me all the time

like if i dont want to go somewhere but i have the choice to go there or not i will usually say 'yes' because i dont want other people to feel bad

you're just a nice guy :)

your thinking to hard about it, what happens happens.

this happens to me all the time

like if i dont want to go somewhere but i have the choice to go there or not i will usually say 'yes' because i dont want other people to feel bad
same

I always feel overly conscious of what my parents are thinking. I try not to make things anymore complicated than they have to be living in a family of 8. But it always happens and it comes back to get me later on.

Is this normal?

For me it is,

I used to play CoD with my cousin and little brother. I would always win and they would get so disapointed. I have never played CoD with them again.

wow same
just
THE SMALLEST THINGS
make me feel bad
like one time, my stepmom drank a coke that otherwise I was gonna drink, and I didn't really care! it was ok! but I didn't know she did. and when I asked my dad, he had to tell me that she had it
and I felt so bad about it

happens to me all the time, sometimes i feel really bad when i beat people in a game or something
really weird

happens to me all the time, sometimes i feel really bad when i beat people in a game or something
really weird
when i beat random people i feel happy
when i beat my family members i feel really guilty

when i beat random people i feel happy
when i beat my family members i feel really guilty
this so much lol except even if they aren't family but remotely close to me I feel bad.

I once played a game my brothers friend, and I beat him every time we played. I felt so bad I didn't look at him the whole time he was at my house.

Just thought of an example

A couple weeks ago my sister and I were bored so I turned on the PS2 and I decided to let her play Medal of Honor: European Assault with her. If you have played the game on multiplayer you would see it has no blood or swearing. Its an old game so it isn't very realistic but still fun sometimes. My oldest sister is 11 so I assumed it would be perfectly fine if she played. My 8 yo sister came downstairs and watched us for a while, thinking it looked pretty fun. She asked if she could play. I hesitated but thought it should be fine, my dad let me play Call of Duty with blood on when I was 9, and bits of Max Payne even earlier. So I found another controller and we played a while.
Later my mom got word of my sisters playing a gun game and got really suspicious. My oldest sister let me know as soon as we were home without parents. I felt sooooooooo horrible all night long. I avoided my parents until the next morning only to find out she didn't care after she talked to my dad and he knew what the game was.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:43:55 PM by Skig »