Author Topic: The Freeware Game Thread  (Read 60621 times)

Ijji's Drift City

Drift City is a free MMO racing/free roam game, with cel-shaded graphics and non-realistic driving/gameplay.

It sucks.  I wouldn't even call it driving.  It's more like just moving.  The singleplayer is just like those of every other mmorpg and the pvp/"battle zone" is entirely based on level and how lucky you are in getting powerups when you go through the gates.

ZZT
(pic)
A simple game creator from way back using ascii graphics. Loads of fun and still has a cult classic community to date.

Haha is that a classic.

But sadly, it sucks. Try megazeux instead if you want a nice GCS.

That's the caverns of zeux, made by Gregory Janson, who first made MZX which was actually based on ZZT in the first place. He doesn't develop it anymore though.

http://digitalmzx.net

Stunts (AKA 4D Sports: Racing)

Stunts is a cool little DOS game (That runs flawlessly on XP) that has you driving in a car... doing stunts, or so to speak.

Download

Stunt Driver

Stunt Driver is pretty much the same thing as Stunts, just with a few differences.
It's also a DOS game, may need DOSBox.

Download

Stunt Car Racer

[img]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g259/Nige111/stunt_car_racer_3.png[img]

Stunt Car Racer is pretty different to the above 2 games, it's not more of a stunt racer, more of a free driving rollercoaster, of sorts.
It's a little hard to get into, but once you're in the zone, it's pretty fun.
Again it's DOS, but I think it runs without DOSBox.

Download

And that should be enough to cover your daily portion of DOS Racing games. :3
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 05:29:31 AM by stevey1000 »

Ramjets:

Ramjets is a 3d flight game that is extremely fun, it has some really cool features like an editor for your insignia and single-player and online support, how to play and controls are on the site.

link: http://www.crypticsea.com/ramjets/index.html

Dream of Mirror online
Only game with free flying.

Yes, free flying at level 15, and you can only take off from/land on certain spots.

And I got bored of the game before I managed to hit level 15. It took hours to just get to level 10. Very slow paced.

Also, Drift City is good for the first 20 levels. Then it gets renamed to Grind City.

Dream of Mirror online

Yes, free flying at level 15, and you can only take off from/land on certain spots.

And I got bored of the game before I managed to hit level 15. It took hours to just get to level 10. Very slow paced.

Also, Drift City is good for the first 20 levels. Then it gets renamed to Grind City.
What'cha talking about, lvling is fast.
I got lvl 10 in about a day, so that's like 5 hours.
Than I went into a warrior, took me to get to lvl 16 in around 2 hours, than I changed to mercenary and got to lvl 14 in 1 hour while watching family guy episodes. :D

Stunts (AKA 4D Sports: Racing)

Stunts is a cool little DOS game (That runs flawlessly on XP) that has you driving in a car... doing stunts, or so to speak.

Download

Stunt Driver

Stunt Driver is pretty much the same thing as Stunts, just with a few differences.
It's also a DOS game, may need DOSBox.

Download

Stunt Car Racer

[img]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g259/Nige111/stunt_car_racer_3.png[img]

Stunt Car Racer is pretty different to the above 2 games, it's not more of a stunt racer, more of a free driving rollercoaster, of sorts.
It's a little hard to get into, but once you're in the zone, it's pretty fun.
Again it's DOS, but I think it runs without DOSBox.

Download

And that should be enough to cover your daily portion of DOS Racing games. :3
OH HELL YES.

Dream of Mirror online

Not exactly free flying then is it ;P

flyff wins. Again =D

Dream of Mirror online

Not exactly free flying then is it ;P

flyff wins. Again =D
But there is a higher minmum flying level in Flyff.
Not to mention that this game is more amusing, and they let you land only in certain spots for obvious reasons.

Both suck, as do all mmorpgs.

CodeRED: AlienArena

Fun FPS using id Tech II. Better graphics, large community.

Screenshot

Runescape

Great MMORPG where you can do quests or play CTF and many other minigames.

Link: www.runescape.com

Man, I remember my RS days. Good times... Goooood times.... (stares off into space)

I used to like Runescape. Then, it got too nooby and too slow.