The Freeware Game Thread

Author Topic: The Freeware Game Thread  (Read 60578 times)

Game works great for me.

Only complaint is that I'm gonna lose my free time ;)

My favorite configuration for "Garden of Colored Flowers" is in the custom ship type, then for the first weapon you choose the enduring filament options and then for the other two weapon "orbs" you choose vapor orbs so you can double fire the big enemies with your vapor orbs without have to wait for a very long charge, it also levels up the two weapons more. Did I mention that this game has cool, randomly generated music and the deaths/movement/firing of the enemies on screen all generate music.

America's Army! :D

Awsomeness.

pretty much just the governments version of counter-strike

No...
CS is about rushing, AA is about making tactical decisions.

Dumbass.

Good lord, this game'll keep me busy. BARELY got to 10%.

<3 Radial

EDIT: Gonna post a game.

Warning Forever

A maniac shooter where you battle an ever-growing machine. Every time you kill them, their defenses increase where you attacked them. The controls are either shoot straight or use an (hard at first but easy to learn) aimable wedge to direct your shots. The game quickly ramps up in difficulty; I don't think I ever passed 15.

Download: Link
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 08:40:49 PM by Falcondude »

last time i played it we were all camping in buildings sniping anything that moved, ah well, maybe the servers got better...

haha, i love warning forever its actually alot like a game called "fraxy"

No...
CS is about rushing, AA is about making tactical decisions.

Dumbass.

its true, i love that game, and CS is not free ;) (I think)

Well, here is some shooting games that are very fun and are most defiantly time-wasters. but i would like to state that though I am posting lots of games, and people want to play them but feel over rot about the amount that I am posting, just download all of the ones that look good and play them one at a time, if you like them all then you got a good waste of time :D

The first one that I am going to "review" is called Gridwars 2 and can be considered candy. Now I know lots of people have heard the name "Grid Wars", but the 2nd version has just come out (the first one was removed due to request because it is on Xbox Live and has had good sales. But the 2nd one is here, and you better get it quick, before out good ol' greedy Microsoft removes the game! ;)

you can get the game for mac, pc and linux here: http://gridwars.marune.de/

The next game I am going to review is called "Clean Asia" no its not about racism though its a fairly popular freeware title, i am most definite that lots of people still don't know about it.

This game is definitely not as hard as GCL (garden of colored lights) but is a great warmup for alot more experienced maniac shooters, though its not a game that you would run right through. I would also like to note that this game has pwnsome explosions.

link: http://64digits.com/users/cactus/clean_asia.zip (direct link)

lastly, i am posting a game called Fraxy, it is alot like warning forever but alot different graphics and has a included ship editor that is very easy to use and in depth.

link: http://mokeron.hp.infoseek.co.jp/zg/fraxy_eng_20080324.zip (that is a direct link, i had to translate some Japanese pages to get to that english versions)

if there are to many images being posted, please tell (if your internetz dosent suck) well, thats all for now can post ALL the shooters out there, tomorrow i will post a new game, not a parody like thing like i just did, im out.

Ok, another flash game, but its brilliance makes this one very re-playable.
This game is called "Feed the Head", though strange name, it is completely awesome. Don't let these screen shots fool you, this is very cool XD.
I posted that a long time ago and its located at
www.feedthehead.net

Ok, another flash game, but its brilliance makes this one very re-playable.
This game is called "Feed the Head", though strange name, it is completely awesome. Don't let these screen shots fool you, this is very cool XD.
I posted that a long time ago and its located at
www.feedthehead.net

the links both direct to the same page, but sorry for not researching thanks for the reminder.

Maplestory is a game that had it's only commercials (although they were ice creamty commercials...), it's own card game, and a league of nerds. There is mass flaming and bitches in it but people still decide to play it.

Here's my first ever screenshot from it, date on it says August 20, 2006 9:00 PM. I have one from yesterday, but I'm trying to make it look bad, so here:

Btw, YES I am named after my old ass MS account, I take breaks from it for literally 4-6 months at a time so...I just started playing again yesterday...and leveled it to 34...btw, he's long since been changed to a more normal look o.o

I like the gameplay but the rest (including the graphics and community) was a colossal turn-off. I love the controls. Needs to be that way in more RPG's. But, like I said, the rest of it made me stop after a week.
You should try private servers, they pwn. I downloaded a private server source and, from it, I think I could make an NPC that gives you like 100000000000exp literally for giving him 1 meso.

Too bad I can't figure out how to start the SQL server to do this, or I'd make a mega small private server, and if you completed Maple Island, you could find the GM NPC and get exp to level to each job. I think I'd set it up so it'd see your job, then give you enough exp to go to next, then once you do it, just go back...

i dont know about you guys but i used to love playing a game called "jazz the jack rabbit" hehe.

its an old DOS game.

it was fun at the time. if anyone could find it, that would be cool.

i dont know about you guys but i used to love playing a game called "jazz the jack rabbit" hehe.

its an old DOS game.

found it http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/game/111 the folder is just abit crowded and all you really want to run is "help.exe" and "jazz.exe" and almost forgot a pic:

Good lord, this game'll keep me busy. BARELY got to 10%.

<3 Radial

EDIT: Gonna post a game.

Warning Forever

A maniac shooter where you battle an ever-growing machine. Every time you kill them, their defenses increase where you attacked them. The controls are either shoot straight or use an (hard at first but easy to learn) aimable wedge to direct your shots. The game quickly ramps up in difficulty; I don't think I ever passed 15.

Download: Link

404 Not Found (¥Õ¥¡¥¤¥ë¤¬¸«¤Ä¤«¤ê¤Þ¤»¤ó)

¿½¤·Ìõ¤´¤¶¤¤¤Þ¤»¤ó¤¬¡¢¤ªµÒÍͤ¬¥¢¥¯¥»¥¹Í׵ᤵ¤ì¤Þ¤·¤¿ £Õ£Ò£Ì¥Ú¡¼¥¸¤Ï¡¢¾åµ­Íýͳ¤Ë¤è¤ê¥¢¥¯¥»¥¹¤¬½ÐÍè¤Þ¤»¤ó¡£ º£°ìÅ٣գң̤ò¸æ³Îǧ¤Î¾å¥¢¥¯¥»¥¹¤ò¤·¤Æ¤ß¤Æ²¼¤µ¤¤¡£

its an old DOS game.

found it http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/game/111 the folder is just abit crowded and all you really want to run is "help.exe" and "jazz.exe" and almost forgot a pic:

I love jack the jazzrabbit

i used to play 2 all the time :D

Battleships Forever
Made by Sean 'th15' Chan. I made the original base for the 'Ship Maker' part which you can use to create massive custom ships full of massive lasers or whatever. (I am Game_boy on that forum, check the credits and SpaceMods license for my name) The game is still in 'beta' versions but is mostly feature-complete and working.
Wyrdysm Games
Forum
Introduction
Battleships Forever is a tactical RTS that puts you in command of a small fleet of warships. Combat and damage mechanics are extremely detailed. Everything is simulated in game if possible. There are no arbitrary "to hit chance" values in Battleships Forever. The game also features many innovative mechanics that you've never seen before. For example, the Cronus Battleship sports a Flux Shield generator that allows you to construct a draw a defensive force shield around your ships in any shape you want. Another example are the Deflector modules that are used extensively through the game. These modules make a single section of a ship totally invulnerable to fire. This means that you will have to manoeuvre your ships to attack sections of the enemy ships not protected by Deflectors while keeping your own protected sections facing the enemy. Position is paramount!

Players will command picked fleets made up of Battleships, Destroyers and Patrol Craft. The completed game will include ten campaign missions and multiple skirmish modes.

"Ka-booom"

"Pew pew laser beams!"

You can create custom ships and weapons for use in the 'Sandbox' modes. This is Unlimited Blade Works by SilverWingedSeraph.
Download Page