Author Topic: police threatens to give a man a ticket for washing his car  (Read 2437 times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F3ytzeccAw
they beat a man for not listening to them.
he's deaf.
well, to be honest I didn't expect deaf people to be allowed to drive.

However, the fight going on for seven minutes I find hard to believe since, although he looks pretty beaten up, he doesn't appear to have any scars on his face, cuts, etc. (but this could be because the hospital treated him, or just youtube quality)

While it may have been excessive to use such force for a long time, there's no saying whether the guy is actually deaf or not, and they didn't say whether or not the guy actually resisted. For all we know, he could've fought back with the officers.

meanwhile, on the topic of OP's video
washing his car/not having a license plate isn't illegal since it's on private property
there's also no saying whether or not the guy drove on the road if the car didn't have a front license plate.

Yeah the cop wasn't doing anything wrong, but town ordinances are bullstuff.
I don't get why you hate the cop and not the law.

OT: Things like these make me feel sad that I live in "America, Land of Obligatory Insurance"
you're kidding, right? you aren't seriously saying that's a bad thing, are you?

you're kidding, right? you aren't seriously saying that's a bad thing, are you?

My dad is almost broke because of having to pay for all that stuff, so no, it is not a good thing, for me atleast.

For some, it might be a good thing to have insurance like that, but we are not in a position for it at the time of this writing.

My dad is almost broke because of having to pay for all that stuff, so no, it is not a good thing, for me atleast.
if your dad causes a wreck that totals someone's car, who's gonna pay for their new car if your dad doesn't have insurance?

if your dad causes a wreck that totals someone's car, who's gonna pay for their new car if your dad doesn't have insurance?

I'm not talking about "what-if"s, what I'm saying is that the charges for the insurance alone are bleeding us dry, and while I have no side in politics because I already hate how it's become in general, I'll just say again
"it is not a good thing, for me atleast."
I can see the benefit of insurance in many situations, but being forced to pay for it is bullstuff for one, and two we are, like I said, almost broke. I dont know if we'll get in a wreck in a car, all I know is, we can barely afford this bullstuff insurance, and certainly have better things to spend our money on than an umbrella for things that are improbable, and impossible to predict. For an example, food and the countless other bills we get.

Now, I'll just state again, I really dont like politics, I have no "siding" in the political debate, could we please just drop this?

tv license
good idea

government funded television
good idea
Most widespread and successful television network in the world.
good idea

politically neutral, funding supported by Royal charter (not controlled by government), tv license fee set annually by government but agreed upon by parliament (includes House of Lords who may not have government majority sitting).
good idea

I'm not talking about "what-if"s, what I'm saying is that the charges for the insurance alone are bleeding us dry, and while I have no side in politics because I already hate how it's become in general, I'll just say again
"it is not a good thing, for me atleast."
I can see the benefit of insurance in many situations, but being forced to pay for it is bullstuff for one, and two we are, like I said, almost broke. I dont know if we'll get in a wreck in a car, all I know is, we can barely afford this bullstuff insurance, and certainly have better things to spend our money on than an umbrella for things that are improbable, and impossible to predict. For an example, food and the countless other bills we get.
Then your choice is to not drive. Insurance isn't there just to protect you in an unlikely crash.
It's there to protect other people.

Not paying it because you can't afford it, and then continuing to drive, is incredibly selfish.
If you can't afford insurance, then take public transport.

I'm not talking about "what-if"s
might as well stop right there because the entire reason for requiring insurance is based on what-ifs
in the same situation, without insurance, your dad's options are gonna be either:
A. hit and run. I'd hope your dad isn't that terrible of a human being, though
or B. pay for the new car out of his own pocket. that's gonna be $15,000, and that's a generous price. you'd be very lucky if it were that low. and what's gonna be harder on your family? a relatively low payment that is expected, every month, that you know will be there and can plan ahead for? or a random large payment that nobody knew was coming?

might as well stop right there because the entire reason for requiring insurance is based on what-ifs
in the same situation, without insurance, your dad's options are gonna be either:
A. hit and run. I'd hope your dad isn't that terrible of a human being, though
or B. pay for the new car out of his own pocket. that's gonna be $15,000, and that's a generous price. you'd be very lucky if it were that low. and what's gonna be harder on your family? a relatively low payment that is expected, every month, that you know will be there and can plan ahead for? or a random large payment that nobody knew was coming?
That's not even considering that in a car accident he injures another person, causing lasting physical or mental damage, or god forbid, someone dies. Could you actually live with yourself knowing you've ruined someone elses life, and this being America where there isn't free healthcare for all, without your insurance payment they might not be able to have any corrective surgeries/physiotherapy required.

New York and California are weird states with weird laws.

Yeah the cop wasn't doing anything wrong, but town ordinances are bullstuff.
I don't get why you hate the cop and not the law.
^
hate the law and the politicians that make them, not the cop that enforces them

politically neutral
eh - BBC are a bit biased
their little coverage of the labour party is usually something that makes them sound stupid.

eh - BBC are a bit biased
their little coverage of the labour party is usually something that makes them sound stupid.
I've not noticed a lack of labour party coverage.

They always show the Labour Party conference and show any Labour Party political broadcasts. I can't say I've noticed a difference in coverage between Labour/Tory/LibDem.

This is one of the many reasons I hate politics, but to be fair, I do see your point, it's just the fact that we had a low budget to begin with, and I'm sure you're aware I am not the one driving, and won't be for several years, and I've totally lost my train of thought and I'm starting to reconsider my statements, I apologize for all of this hullabaloo, but to finish up, I just think that in my situation it just becomes more of an annoyance than a real life threatening thing, I mean we certainly weren't going to go homeless, thankfully...and to state again if I didn't already, we already purchased the insurance, it's just the fact that our budget got tighter since we had to get it to use the car, and I just might stop posting now because I'm starting to confuse even myself, and I'm not going to try to make myself look even more like an idiot. Good day gentlemen, sorry for the idiocy.

well, to be honest I didn't expect deaf people to be allowed to drive.
um
the only thing audible needed for driving is hearing the car honks, and maybe some frustrated guy yelling at you
there's not many audible cues, it's near-purely visual unless you have a passenger telling you not to forget up and how not to do so

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:05:04 PM by superslayer »