Author Topic: Is mention of torrenting (NOT PIRACY) allowed?  (Read 971 times)

Lots of indie developers have used sites such as thepiratebay as legitimate distribution methods. Not pirating. I was writing up a little thing about game distribution and was going to post it here, but I was confused about the forum legality of it. Seriously scared of a ban because it'd be my third in 5 years and IIRC the third ban is always a perma.

You already answered your own question in the subject line.

If the developer isn't losing money from this form of download its fine

also it's the fifth ban that's a permaban

Lots of indie developers have used sites such as thepiratebay as legitimate distribution methods.
wat

This is a thing?

wat

This is a thing?
It is. One example I can think of is "ClassroomAquatic" where you cheat in an underwater exam. The demo (i think its a demo) was released only as a torrent

Torrenting is fine. There's nothing wrong with it. It's just a peer-to-peer download service.

The rules on the forum only regard piracy. If you are downloading a game (or software, music, videos, etc..) that you did not buy, which is only supposed to be available for purchase, you are not allowed to discuss it here. That would be the case if it were through torrenting sites, direct downloads, or even ripping DVDs.

You can discuss the act of torrenting free files. But don't let the topic sway over to promoting piracy, or admitting to pirating. That's breaking the rules, and will get you banned.

depends on what the ban is for, but fifth is always perma

was fourth for me