PC Gaming Master Race Megathread

Author Topic: PC Gaming Master Race Megathread  (Read 22910 times)

The only controller that takes some configuration is the PS3 controller.

I loving hate that I have to use this until the Steam Controller releases.

Consoles just can't compete with steam sales and humble bundles.

Any way to be able to use my xbox 360 controller with my PC without having to blow $50-60 on the adapter

Just buy a wired one for 30$

It wont need batteries so it's an improvement.

One massive negative I see with computer gaming: If you got a friend round, you can easily set up splitscreen on a console game, however with a standard set up its quite hard to keep a guest entertained with a computer game.

One massive negative I see with computer gaming: If you got a friend round, you can easily set up splitscreen on a console game, however with a standard set up its quite hard to keep a guest entertained with a computer game.
Yeah, this is my biggest issue.
I have a friend who has no consoles but has a PC.

When I go around his only one of us can usually play at a time, since most of his multiplayer games are designed for online multiplayer only.

But if he comes around my house, I've got an Xbox 360, so we can both play Halo or whatever together, at the same time, in the same room.

Can't do that around my friends house unless I feel like lugging my desktop, monitor, keyboard and mouse on the bus and down to his.

Yeah, this is my biggest issue.
I have a friend who has no consoles but has a PC.

When I go around his only one of us can usually play at a time, since most of his multiplayer games are designed for online multiplayer only.

But if he comes around my house, I've got an Xbox 360, so we can both play Halo or whatever together, at the same time, in the same room.

Can't do that around my friends house unless I feel like lugging my desktop, monitor, keyboard and mouse on the bus and down to his.

Exactly, this is pretty much the only reason why I have/use my PS3.

Using a modern GPU yields 60+ frames per second during gameplay. Consoles can barely handle 30.

Isn't PC gaming more expensive than console gaming?

No, absolutely not. Especially if you only plan to target console performance!
both of these are wrong
for example, the xbox one gets 60fps at 720p on battlefield 4, and a $400 PC won't be able to do that

both of these are wrong
for example, the xbox one gets 60fps at 720p on battlefield 4, and a $400 PC won't be able to do that
They're talking about the long run.
Games are much more expensive on xbox. If I buy an xbox one with 50 games, it's going to cost a stuff load more than a computer with 50 games.

and yes, 50 games may sound like a little too much, but I've got over way that on computer.

this topic is amazing

[i mg width=1000]http://i.imgur.com/rvYPVY5.jpg[/im g]

Some games are generally more fun to play on a console/with a console controller. Otherwise I just use my computer.

i have an ibuypower and it's been good gaming-wise so far

both of these are wrong
But a $600 computer could run it at 1080p around 60fps, and the ps4 won't ever be able to do that