Author Topic: Madness: Project Nexus Series  (Read 1162 times)

If you've heard about and/or watched the Madness series on Newgrounds, then you might've known about the game already.

The first series is a flash game made in 2012. Its current version is 1.8. It won't be updated further due to complications in the coding. Play it here.

The second series is going to be a game using the Unity Engine. It takes place after the first series. So far, it looks similar to Badspot's TwoGuns Prototype. If you want developments of the game, follow http://teammadness.tumblr.com/.

More developments discussed by The Swain is here.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 02:38:45 AM by Master Shadow Phoenix »

I know what it is, I never knew the name of it. I just associate it with guys with crosses for faces

Looks pretty neat though

Bumping this thread with some modded variations of the first series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30U-nckGqe8

this one looks a lot better. the first one was fun at first, but i began to see how stuffty it actually was. i was expecting updates, like what was told to us in the description, and there were like two updates and they were years apart.

the fact was that it was almost impossible to play because of the over powered enemies, along with laggy flash player which was bad considering over powered enemies meant you had to count every move, and so this meant you would move right into the wall because you held the A key too long and begin wasting ammo. that reminds me, bad ammo system where you literally discard guns after you shoot it 5 times.

it was still a fun game to play a "hacked" version of where you don't have such limited ammo, and it's fun to play while having full strength etc. just using melee and such.

the fact was that it was almost impossible to play because of the over powered enemies, along with laggy flash player which was bad considering over powered enemies meant you had to count every move, and so this meant you would move right into the wall because you held the A key too long and begin wasting ammo. that reminds me, bad ammo system where you literally discard guns after you shoot it 5 times.

it was still a fun game to play a "hacked" version of where you don't have such limited ammo, and it's fun to play while having full strength etc. just using melee and such.
The lag was pretty bad on Mozilla, and there was a sound delay for Chrome (for me). I play Project Nexus on the Comodo Dragon browser; the lag is still present when played on said browser, but it's short. Thanks to Comodo Dragon, I managed to survive 72 waves in arena mode until the next wave doesn't complete, even when all the enemies are dead.

Moving onto the ammo system. Sure it's bad because the ammo discarded from a magazine or box can't be picked back up. For me, I just use up whatever's in the mag/box until it's empty. If the weapon's totally empty, I just throw it at an enemy to try and kill them that way.

There are mods available for Project Nexus. Feel free to check it out.

Oh man, Madness series are still going strong.
Also the trailer has some actually good dubstep, whoa

ive stayed up an entire night playing this game, i still love it but havent played it as much. i remember just trying to collect all the guns i could find :)