Author Topic: Event_makechatcommand?  (Read 1793 times)

pretty sure they're talking about something else, you just want the player output events as commands, right?
no........ we're talking about exactly the thing he wants. It's just a bit more complex and all-round so everyone can use it, not just one guy for a specific use case.

no........ we're talking about exactly the thing he wants. It's just a bit more complex and all-round so everyone can use it, not just one guy for a specific use case.
so by this logic, we don't even need a new addon for this
we can do it all straight from the console
brilliant thinking zeblote, you win the thread yet again

(maybe you should take a break from suggestions & requests)

and from the first post, it looks like the request is all of the player outputs as commands, which doesn't seem too hard to do with a script

pretty sure they're talking about something else, you just want the player output events as commands, right?
yea

so by this logic, we don't even need a new addon for this
we can do it all straight from the console
brilliant thinking zeblote, you win the thread yet again

(maybe you should take a break from suggestions & requests)

and from the first post, it looks like the request is all of the player outputs as commands, which doesn't seem too hard to do with a script
No, I'm pretty sure OP wants it integrated into events.  Honestly, few people ever want to interrupt gameplay flow by pulling up the console and typing in commands.

No, I'm pretty sure OP wants it integrated into events.  Honestly, few people ever want to interrupt gameplay flow by pulling up the console and typing in commands.
omg someone just make the damn thing!

omg someone just make the damn thing!
With that attitude you'll never get anything.

You guys are making it more complicated than he wanted it to be.

yea
nowhere in there do I see this wanting to be made with events, but he wants the events to be made into commands

yea

nowhere in there do I see this wanting to be made with events, but he wants the events to be made into commands

So like Onplayeractivate> Self > makechatcommand > type in something in a little box like /dothis and then choose what you want like player > kill
So when you type /dothis in chat it kills the player!

Ok lemme get this straight I want a player to be able to basically play events by typing in chat so /kill would kill you /addhealth would add health but i would like were you can make your own by using a brick is that a good explaination of what i want?

but i would like were you can make your own by using a brick is that a good explaination of what i want?

That's exactly what you could do with the add-on we were talking about, once I actually get around to finishing it.

seems like that wasn't the original request, as it looked like they were providing a suggestion on the way to implement it