Indiegogo attempts to crowdfund absolutely nothing

Author Topic: Indiegogo attempts to crowdfund absolutely nothing  (Read 2259 times)

it has also made absolutely no money

for some reason I have this idea that the potato salad guy actually did something charitable with all the money but i dunno if he really did
I think he should keep it.
To show internet idiots that they shouldn't throw out their money and expect good things to happen.

Pretty sure that the guy who made this campaign is OP. It has no likes on facebook or shares or anything that would indicate that OP found this by word of mouth. My guess is that OP is trying to get rich by making a spinoff of the potato salad and viral marketing it.

that's... not a bad assumption

ohstuffwgat

Pretty sure that the guy who made this campaign is OP. It has no likes on facebook or shares or anything that would indicate that OP found this by word of mouth. My guess is that OP is trying to get rich by making a spinoff of the potato salad and viral marketing it.
The font of the header image appears to be the TF2 Build font, and OP also plays TF2, so this may very well be it.

brb copying it
Actually I was browsing the new section of indiegogo. Surprising amount of potato salad and mac and cheese startups.

brb copying it
Actually I was browsing the new section of indiegogo. Surprising amount of potato salad and mac and cheese startups.
oh okay, that makes more sense.

See when a guy asks for money for no reason, he is automaticly hated.

When a guy is making potato salad, he gets 40k

We are witnessing the death of crowd-funding. Yay.

My comment on this is absolutely nothing.

$61,450 atm
it'd be loving hilarious if like half of the supporters decide to cancel it at the last second -- assuming he didn't/won't do anything good with the money
he reached 90k but cancelled some of the donations i think

We are witnessing the death of crowd-funding. Yay.
I'm fine with this.

So many failures came about due to Kickstarter. These are the same people, the same website, that financed Anita Sarkeesian and Mighty Number Nine and were disappointed when stuff didn't turn out great.

It's a website based on paying for stuff before you even see it and is mostly used by people to pray on other's nostalgia or special snowflake status.

I'm fine with this.

So many failures came about due to Kickstarter. These are the same people, the same website, that financed Anita Sarkeesian and Mighty Number Nine and were disappointed when stuff didn't turn out great.

It's a website based on paying for stuff before you even see it and is mostly used by people to pray on other's nostalgia or special snowflake status.
There were also successes like Divinity:Original Sin that pulled through via kickstarter and made some pretty cool stuff. I believe Interstellar Marines was crowd-funded at first as well.