Author Topic: Is Alienware a joke?  (Read 2400 times)

Sure theres the occasional crash or unresponsiveness but all in all it was a pretty good buy for me.
except almost every computer has that problem

alienware is to pc gaming as hummers are to owning a cool car. sure the hardware is there. but its still handicapped lol.
qft

is this a joke? the desktops have great hardware, but its not worth 1000. the auora is though
No, it's not a joke. You can actually crunch the numbers and show just how badly overpriced alienware computers are.

www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/15i7dh/exactly_how_overpriced_is_alienwareanswer_on_the/

No, it's not a joke. You can actually crunch the numbers and show just how badly overpriced alienware computers are.

www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/15i7dh/exactly_how_overpriced_is_alienwareanswer_on_the/
I know its OP

I'm using an alienware laptop right now.

It sucks.

I know its OP
The laptops are less overpriced than the desktops though, so if you just bought a laptop you probably weren't scammed that badly.

-snip-
My friend has one, and I can fully /support this. Whenever I play League of Legends with him, he has problems with his USB port and his mouse doesn't work the way it should, he has charging issues, overheating issues, "FPS issues" even though his hardware should support it...

Why would you buy a laptop for gaming anyway? Unless you're like Bisjac and have a franken-laptop that can handle it.

Why would you buy a laptop for gaming anyway?
no be quiet
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:03:35 PM by Boink! »

Why would you buy a laptop for gaming anyway? Unless you're like Bisjac and have a franken-laptop that can handle it.
I use a laptop because its easier to use when Im travelling, so that I dont have to lug in an entire Desktop with me.

But yeah, while I like my A-14, I wouldnt recommend alienware.

I use a laptop because its easier to use when Im travelling, so that I dont have to lug in an entire Desktop with me.
I guess that makes sense, but I know lots of sedentary people who still use laptops. I don't see the appeal over desktops.