Author Topic: Tech question: headphones for my laptop  (Read 407 times)

If you just wanna get straight to the question, go past the horizontal rule

So I'm going to college and I'm going through the stuff I'm bringing and leaving at home. Obviously I need my laptop, and it does run some games so I do intend to play them. However I'll be in a dorm and I don't think my roommate wants to hear me play Kerbal or Warframe.

I use the Kraken from Razer. I really have no interest in any other headset, if this doesn't work then I'll use my iPhone headphones.

The kraken has a USB plug, a mic plug and an audio/sound plug. My laptop only has one input, that works for both. If I bought a headphone jack splitter would that allow my mic and my sound to work simultaneously? If not, is there ANY method to allow me to use my laptop with my headset?

I don't think using a jack splitter is going to help you out here. All that'll end up doing I think is causing sound to play through both your headphones and your microphone, not your desired result.

I found this on Amazon though. Would this work?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:57:23 PM by Miga »

you're going to college? no wonder you recieved a massive ego boost

Go with Miga's suggestion.

I don't think using a jack splitter is going to help you out here. All that'll end up doing I think is causing sound to play through both your headphones and your microphone, not your desired result.

I found this on Amazon though. Would this work?
It's funny that you linked that because right after I posted I kept looking, found that, and was about to add that to the OP as a possibility. I'm just unsure how many pins my headphones have, so I'm gonna double check that just to be on the safe side. (I'm dogsitting and spending the weekend at their house.)

you're going to college? no wonder you recieved a massive ego boost
Can you not