Author Topic: employment thread  (Read 1802 times)

Job: Custodial helper at a school (only for the summer)

Hours: 20, but if you are going to count in the hours I am not paid then it is 22 and a half
Salary: $8.00 an hour

Schedule: 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM

never heard of that lol

not in education, employment or training

meaning you do nothing but smoke roosters behind kmart all day

how does it feel

Job: Woodshop work, mostly operating machinery, cutting and cleaning boards for kitchens, building pallets and stuff.
Hours: generally 42+ a week
Wage: $30
Most days I work from 8-5 (which is an hour later than everyone else that works there #digitt)
Start early some days, Friday usually have to be there and working by 6:30
Hard work but the pay is great considering my age so yeah.

Job:Robeks
Hours:Part-time (15-38)
Wage:11.00/Hour (Shift lead forget yeah)
Description:Makin' health smoothies, juices 'n stuff.  loving awesome job.

Job: Junior Engineering/Mechanical Technician at BHR
Hours: 35-45 a week
Wage: $28.50 (Don't really like saying this but whatever, none of you know me personally)

Sometimes Mondays, hours vary (6am-2 or 3pm in the offseason)
Tuesdays 6am-2 or 3pm
Wednesdays 6am-2 or 3pm
Thursdays 6am-2 or 3pm
Fridays 2pm-12am (6am-2 or 3pm in the offseason)
Saturdays 2pm-12am

Fridays and Saturdays sometimes are the same as normal weekday hours depending on if the races get rained out or not. I get to go home early if they do rain out late.
My god that wage.

Got a job helping the Highschool/district IT prepare the district's netbooks/chromebooks for the upcoming schoolyear. I also got a job helping them hand them out. I start somewhere in August; they didn't give me a clear date.

Wage: 11 dollars/hr.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:54:28 AM by Swat 3 »

My god that wage.
Yes something that is just a few dollars above a livable wage.
How amazing

Yes something that is just a few dollars above a livable wage.
How amazing
it is amazing to me okay

28.50 is my dream, but of course raven is like what 21

it is amazing to me okay

28.50 is my dream, but of course raven is like what 21
Making $28 bucks an hour would be pretty sweet for me too, given that I only need to spend it on gas and video games.

But once you get out there and have houses 'n bills and mortgages, at least up where I live, $28.50 an hour is slightly above a livable wage if you tend to live the average lifestyle.

$30p/h working in finance

hours are whenever I want because I have a work laptop. can work from home too. p. sweet

job: professional moocher
hours: all day
salary: $11,560 a year

I don't work. I sit.

parents are great
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:44:10 AM by synthesispandabot »

Probably not the place I should be posting.

Making $28 bucks an hour would be pretty sweet for me too, given that I only need to spend it on gas and video games.

But once you get out there and have houses 'n bills and mortgages, at least up where I live, $28.50 an hour is slightly above a livable wage if you tend to live the average lifestyle.
Yeah it's working out well for me though. I have the money so I can pay my bills and still live comfortably. Having a house with no mortgage helps a ton too(thanks relatives), but yeah I already have a huge promotion set for when I get my degree in a couple years. That's definitely something to look forward to.

I just got a call from Target a couple days ago so I'll need to get back to them. I imagine I'd make $7.50/hr if someone hires me.

Job: nothing
Hours: nothing
Salary: $10/week

i hope to get job when i turn age of 16

Job: none
hours: none
salary: $0 a week

can't find a job