Author Topic: Server & Client Auto Brick Loaders/Savers  (Read 1023 times)

Dedicated Server: auto saver & loader
  • RTB prefs for save period)
  • RTB Prefs option to load a select save or the latest auto save, upon server launch
  • Loads quickly

Client Side: quick load
  • Load a new client-saved build save quickly on a dedicated server as seen on non-dedicated servers and in the /reloadbricks command

There are add-ons out there that were made to do parts of this, but many of those are not functional.  Ideally we really need something functional that can do all of this.

• Load a new client-saved build save quickly on a dedicated server as seen on non-dedicated servers and in the /reloadbricks command

The reason it's so fast in those cases is because nothing has to upload. To get a file to the server, it has to upload..

The reason it's so fast in those cases is because nothing has to upload. To get a file to the server, it has to upload..
Unless the client is hosting the dedicated from the same PC he is playing from.  In which case, I am fairly sure it still uploads it slowly, needlessly.

Still need quick upload from files on the dedicated though.

Unless the client is hosting the dedicated from the same PC he is playing from.  In which case, I am fairly sure it still uploads it slowly, needlessly.

Still need quick upload from files on the dedicated though.

just load from console then. Its already there on client, and will be on your dedi aswell.

To speed up ingame uploading to dedicated servers, try setting $pref::FastLoad = 1; before loading.

For the auto saver I've made the RTB autosaver an add-on some time ago, but it doesn't have an easy option to load a save.