Author Topic: forget the Poor?  (Read 1339 times)

does it matter who i forget stay out of my life

lol these social experiments always make me cringe

that was the point
you rephrased what lego lad said
I thought by "defended the poor" he meant they shat on the guy and actually helped the poor (which they didn't)

i dont understand the logic of giving to help others. you can only give so much till you have nothing left yourself.

they will still need again tomorrow. and every other day after. it actually makes the problem worse since now you have scapegoats to take care of them, and they become more dependent, while the real causes are ignored.

forget the poor

well what can i spend time on to help poor people that will cost no one a penny.
it dosnt exist.
shoveling food at a bread line costs someone something to provide. and my being there volunteering dosnt change that fact.

you cant simply fix poverty by literally redistributing wealth.
i mean we are the only nation on earth and in history that is capable of infinitely printing money without affecting anything. if fixing the problem is really just an issue of them having more of what they lack, then the fed would have just been giving all americans a 100k bonus every year.

poor people are poor for a reason. i like to blame them for it. but there are still 100 other causes that throwing cash around will never fix.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:32:59 AM by Bisjac »

America can infinitely print money without affecting anything? Isn't inflation a thing?

i'm not refuting the case of no free lunches, i'm saying the most efficient way to make meaningful, long-term change from the common person, to the common person, is to put in personal effort rather than just tossing money at a charity. both would be best, but between the two, time is more valuable than money.

well what can i spend time on to help poor people that will cost no one a penny.
it dosnt exist.
shoveling food at a bread line costs someone something to provide. and my being there volunteering dosnt change that fact.

you cant simply fix poverty by literally redistributing wealth.
i mean we are the only nation on earth and in history that is capable of infinitely printing money without affecting anything. if fixing the problem is really just an issue of them having more of what they lack, then the fed would have just been giving all americans a 100k bonus every year.

poor people are poor for a reason. i like to blame them for it. but there are still 100 other causes that throwing cash around will never fix.
are you like, literally stupid? forget the poor, we need to educate people about the economy and how it works.

Poor people are poor for a reason, but it usually is not their fault. Poor people can usually be poor because their parents were poor, they live in a poor neighborhood, etc.

Poor people need help, so give some of the change in your pocket that you aren't probably going to use anyway and give it to charity. I'm glad I made some sandwiches for the poor, and they were very grateful when I handed them a bag full of food that the people near and in Trenton took the time to prepare and deliver.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:48:48 AM by Swat 3 »

are you like, literally stupid?
don't automatically write someone off just because you disagree, no one will bother talking to you

don't automatically write someone off just because you disagree, no one will bother talking to you
I am talking about how he thinks the government can just print more money without consequence.

TBH people are often poor due to bad life decisions
i dont like to say its 100% their fault but often they develop an addiction that cripples them and causes them to lose their job/money

i mean i dont think thats any reason not to help them. as a society i believe we should help those that are in a worse condition than us, regardless of how they got there.

w0t tha f0k did u say 'bout tha p00r bruv ill cut ya in tha gabba' m8