Author Topic: Pet peeves  (Read 1890 times)

my dad and i will come home and my dog will have knocked over his guitar, taken out the dog gate, eaten the cat's food AND LITTER BOX, my door will be open with no socks to be found anywhere, my dad's clothes hamper will be on the floor and some prized possession of ours will be torn to shreds on the floor.

she wasn't even our dog until my stepmom moved in, and now this happens every single goddamn day.

my dad and i will come home and my dog will have knocked over his guitar, taken out the dog gate, eaten the cat's food AND LITTER BOX, my door will be open with no socks to be found anywhere, my dad's clothes hamper will be on the floor and some prized possession of ours will be torn to shreds on the floor.

she wasn't even our dog until my stepmom moved in, and now this happens every single goddamn day.
does your stepmom stop you or your dad from punishing the dog? It'll continue to happen daily unless you actually step in and tell it no lol

eating nails
I bet someone does that but has yet to tell the forums

does your stepmom stop you or your dad from punishing the dog? It'll continue to happen daily unless you actually step in and tell it no lol

my dad yells at it, nothing works

my dad yells at it, nothing works
>dad yells at it
>"nothing" == "everything"
>wot

It's a habit the dog has. To break bad habits, you have to create new, better habits. If you smoke cigarettes and you want to quit, typically you find something to replace them with (ex, stress relief ball.)
It could just be that the dog is either stressed out, or lonely. I can't really advise beyond that. DO punish the dog when it makes a mess, but I guess try and figure out some kind of positive reinforcement for when the dog isn't destroying everything

>dad yells at it
>"nothing" == "everything"
>wot

It's a habit the dog has. To break bad habits, you have to create new, better habits. If you smoke cigarettes and you want to quit, typically you find something to replace them with (ex, stress relief ball.)
It could just be that the dog is either stressed out, or lonely. I can't really advise beyond that. DO punish the dog when it makes a mess, but I guess try and figure out some kind of positive reinforcement for when the dog isn't destroying everything

i'm considering setting up a bug or camera to see if anyone's making noise or scaring the dog cause its more intense when theres thunder