Author Topic: How to setup Cops and Robbers?  (Read 16929 times)

I don't know if this is quite the right topic to post this one, but I saw someone else post an I-need-help topic here, and my actual "Help" topic on this issue wasn't getting many responses. Anyway, I've used Swallow's RTB Add-on archive (http://rtb-archive.host22.com/) to download Gamemode_TeamDeathmatch.zip and Gamemode_CopsAndRobbers.zip (which requires the latter to work) and put them in my add-ons folder. When I go to start a Custom game, I can only enable the Cops and Robbers gamemode, but there's no option to enable the old Team Deathmatch add-on. When I start a server, Multiplayer or Singleplay, I have no trace of either mod in my brick selection menu or my minigame setup menu. I understand these mods are somewhat outdated, but I saw this topic http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=261248.0 in which it appears Passta Soup was able to easily download both mods and setup a game with them, and the post appears to be less than a month old. Help?

I don't know if this is quite the right topic to post this one, but I saw someone else post an I-need-help topic here
No this isn't the right place, it is help. That guy was wrong.
and my actual "Help" topic on this issue wasn't getting many responses.
Unfortunately that's how it goes sometimes

I'm not sure why that's happening, but use Slayer. It has a bunch more options and other stuff.
I'll get a link in a minute.

here ya go
If you have any questions feel free to ask
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:50:20 PM by gr8dayseth »

No this isn't the right place, it is help. That guy was wrong.Unfortunately that's how it goes sometimes

I'm not sure why that's happening, but use Slayer. It has a bunch more options and other stuff.
I'll get a link in a minute.

here ya go
If you have any questions feel free to ask
It seems that Cops and Robbers would require Team Deathmatch, unless Slayer is able to support those that require the latter.

I've used Slayer in the past and would prefer to use it, but...
It seems that Cops and Robbers would require Team Deathmatch, unless Slayer is able to support those that require the latter.
Slayer does not support the Cops and Robbers download I found (I've tried), and I've been unable to locate a Slayer-compatible version.

Oh riiiight
My brain completely forgot the point of this while typing that out

Maybe try re-downloading TDM? Might not help though, but worth a shot.

Oh riiiight
My brain completely forgot the point of this while typing that out

Maybe try re-downloading TDM? Might not help though, but worth a shot.

I'd already tried re-downloaded it at least five times before starting this topic, actually. It's beginning to look bleak for this mod. I suppose I may just have to wait until someone creates an updated version.

I'd already tried re-downloaded it at least five times before starting this topic, actually. It's beginning to look bleak for this mod. I suppose I may just have to wait until someone creates an updated version.

the TDM gamemode has been broken for years

the TDM gamemode has been broken for years
That's what I previously thought. However, as I'd mentioned...
I understand these mods are somewhat outdated, but I saw this topic http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=261248.0 in which it appears Passta Soup was able to easily download both mods and setup a game with them, and the post appears to be less than a month old. Help?

TDM has been CRC-banned. However, if you delete the namecheck.txt file inside it you should be able to load it. (Just remember that it was CRC-banned for good reason)

TDM has been CRC-banned. However, if you delete the namecheck.txt file inside it you should be able to load it. (Just remember that it was CRC-banned for good reason)

What is TBM and why was it banned? I heard that they put a keylogger in there.

What is TBM and why was it banned? I heard that they put a keylogger in there.

TDM (not TBM) is an old team mod, similar to Slayer. A CRC-ban means that a particular version of a mod is banned because it causes problems with the game. If the creator wanted to release a new version, though could. There's no keylogger. What are you talking about?

Alright, since you asked I'll work on getting this thing to run on Slayer instead. huzzah.