Author Topic: What do you think of the minimum wage being lifted?  (Read 1901 times)

When I say being lifted, I mean enough money to meet livable standards. I will say this:

If you have 5 kids and cant afford your bills, dropped out of high school, and under 21 and have a cashier job at McDonalds; that isn't anyone else's fault but yours. You chose to drop out of high school, have kids at a very young age, and not to mention - not 1 kid BUT 5! If you wanna make more, then you go back to school, or find a different job. It is ridiculous to think that people expect the minimum wage to be livable. In any society, it won't work like that. You have to actually do something to increase your salary. I grant you, a job as a sweeper wasn't created for the purpose of being a permanent job; it is a side thing, or a job you'd have in your youth.

Hey! I work at Big Reds and I make easy bank!

I have no thoughts on this yet, I just want to keep this job because its so easy but pays well.

If you have 5 kids and cant afford your bills, dropped out of high school, and under 21 and have a cashier job at McDonalds; that isn't anyone else's fault but yours. You chose to drop out of high school, have kids at a very young age, and not to mention - not 1 kid BUT 5! If you wanna make more, then you go back to school, or find a different job. It is ridiculous to think that people expect the minimum wage to be livable. In any society, it won't work like that. You have to actually do something to increase your salary. I grant you, a job as a sweeper wasn't created for the purpose of being a permanent job; it is a side thing, or a job you'd have in your youth.
this

I believe that you shouldn't have children if you can't afford to take care of them. We have too many large families living in poverty that have +5 kids. Sure you can start a family, its your freedom to, but I believe that you should live within your means. If you can't afford to take care of a large family, then that is your fault. You made those kids, you take care of them. Personally if I had kids, I would only want to have 1 or 2 and nothing more.

hey man we need those screw ups i mean someones gotta do those nasty jobs

At the same time, people living full time at minimum wage with one job cannot make ends meet.  The costs of living are just too high.  Retrospectively, the poverty line is set far too low.  With a higher minimum wage, money earned by workers will be injected back into the economy as these people are likely to spend more, and not have to scrape to save for fewer things.

The American standard of living has steadily rose, but the economic floor has not.  This is a problem that will harm, and is currently harming the economy.

From what I hear minimum wage is very manageable if you're single. I think it should be left to the states considering every state has a different standard of living

Also, drastically raising it will lead to inflation most likely

I somehow think if you work in a low pay job it should be like this:

IF you have a family and take the Government's Free healthcare program, it should be a Benefit that you get payed higher, This is just like how Families get family benefits. To sum it up, it should be a Benefit for higher income if you Qualify.

tbh idk why do people insist on even having children young :/ like I mean i don't want some weird baby-less future but really you don't need to have kids to feel accomplished and really it's best to save the stress

From what I hear minimum wage is very manageable if you're single. I think it should be left to the states considering every state has a different standard of living

Also, drastically raising it will lead to inflation most likely
if people dont spend it on stupid stuff maybe

I somehow think if you work in a low pay job it should be like this:

IF you have a family and take the Government's Free healthcare program, it should be a Benefit that you get payed higher, This is just like how Families get family benefits. To sum it up, it should be a Benefit for higher income if you Qualify.

In America, healthcare is surely not free. It is mostly privatized and sold for a premium, unless you are retired and over the age of 65.

In America, healthcare is surely not free. It is mostly privatized and sold for a premium, unless you are retired and over the age of 65.
https://www.healthcare.gov/do-i-qualify-for-medicaid/
it says at the first sentence, I have Free healthcare btw

It doesn't say you have it, it says that you must have a certain income level. Keep in mind, it's a very long process to be enrolled into Medicare or Medicaid, not to mention even if you are on the qualified income level you still run the risk of being rejected.

Guys, you MUST look at it from a small or semi-large business view point.

If you have workers, and suddenly you have to pay them more because they are the ones who have 5 children and cannot pay rent because of THEIR forgeted up choices, your income does not magically loving increase. More people don't show up at your restaurant for you to be able to serve them and get their money in order to pay your workers. You are forced to pay your workers more over a bill that is highly intended for the illegal immigrants/drop outs who are being forgeted over by super giants who are paying the worst possible salaries ever.

That means small business/semi-large business owners have to LAY PEOPLE OFF. In fact, a JOB is better than a job that pays three dollars less than what you can manage to live up to because you decided to pop little ones out of your vagina/give the girls the juice to pop little ones out of their vagina when you didn't have a sustainable job/financial situation.

Business owners shouldn't get large headaches because they have to pay their dishwasher, sweeper, or their non-senior waitresses or waiters more. And guess what? Now since they have to give their workers more, their food prices go up.

ANOTHER POINT:
If your newest workers are in an open-door job that they just joined that pays minimum wage, and the next "ladder" job above them is 15 dollars or some stuff an hour, and SUDDENLY the minimum wage is 15 dollars, what is the loving point? Are you just going to go ahead and give the people in the tier above a pat on the back and say "oh well lol all your hard work to get payed more was worthless :D" or raise that tier and all of the tiers above it up to the loving manager?

[/rant]

TL;DR: Paying people more does not fix anything. Sure, it may "seem" to be in the short term because "ey i haz mor money THANKS GOVERNMENT", but in the long-term it is a horrible solution to a problem that is the fault of the big companies.

What does adding "i hav free hethcure btwz :D" add to your statement? Free is never free. Free for you is tax payers having to pay more money. Free healthcare isn't even a bloody thing:

If you have workers, and suddenly you have to pay them more because they are the ones who have 5 children and cannot pay rent because of THEIR forgeted up choices,
The Government still has to provide Benefits, its there job