Poll

Should Citizens have the Right to bear Arms?

YE!
NE!

Author Topic: The Gun Debate - Ye or Ne? - All these Government topics  (Read 7003 times)

Yes, they have more foot soldiers. But they also have a smaller air force, smaller navy, much less tech capabilities, and less training
This was also true for the barbarians versus the Romans. Well, apart from the air force ofcourse.

Why do you think that the guns should be controlled, but not removed?
Cause if they're not controlled people go bat stuff crazy with them and create Flash Mobs.

This was also true for the barbarians versus the Romans. Well, apart from the air force ofcourse.
Im going to stop you right there...

Yes, they have more foot soldiers. But they also have a smaller air force, smaller navy, much less tech capabilities, and less training
soviet union
How useful do you expect untrained civilians to be against a trained and armed military? A government should specifically avoid having their civilians engage in military matters; provide them shelters, etcor this
people should take it upon themselves to learn how to properly use a gun. if they want to leave the warzone, they should. if they want to stay in their house and protect themselves, they should.
Can we please base laws off realistic scenarios, instead of theoretical ones?
because theoretical means unrealistic

no, apparently it isn't clear

none of these people who throw around "assault rifle" seem to know whether they're talking about automatic machineguns or automatic rifles or semi automatic rifles or bolt action rifles, they just drop in and say "HEY DUDES ~ASSAULT RIFLES~ ARE SCARY BAN THEM GOOD DAY"
I see what you mean; people say one specific class of weapons should be banned, when really they mean a bunch of different classes?

no, apparently it isn't clear

none of these people who throw around "assault rifle" seem to know whether they're talking about automatic machineguns or automatic rifles or semi automatic rifles or bolt action rifles, they just drop in and say "HEY DUDES ~ASSAULT RIFLES~ ARE SCARY BAN THEM GOOD DAY"

oh ok so because my rifle looks scary and functions like a generic hunting rifle it shouldn't be allowed? but if i just take the body apart and put a new one on it's okay?

+also last i checked grenades arent exactly legal

Key difference is that AR-15s can hold up to 30 rounds in one magazine. The generic pistol probably holds 8, and the generic hunting rifle holds 5.

No, grenades are legal, as are RPGs. The government just makes it really hard to get one.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:02:17 PM by Biostorm »

I see what you mean; people say one specific class of weapons should be banned, when really they mean a bunch of different classes?

more like im getting sick of people using ambiguous terms and progressively rewriting it whenever they feel like it

No, grenades are legal, as are RPGs. The government just makes it really hard to get one.

oh the horror. all those people killed with legally registered rpgs and grenades.

more like im getting sick of people using ambiguous terms and progressively rewriting it whenever they feel like it

oh the horror. all those people killed with legally registered rpgs and grenades.
you need to chill

yeah dude im super mad and threatening to beat people to death with their own shoes totally sure yep

for once i'm on kearn's side

you need to chill
This is what we call a richard move.
It is what happens when one runs out of arguments.

Gun ownership here in the Netherlands is pretty good, you can only own one if you're actively part of a shooting hobby club thing and you need to go to that club to actually practise your sport like at least 40 times a year.

yeah dude im super mad and threatening to beat people to death with their own shoes totally sure yep

You seemed pretty mad to me.

This is what we call a richard move.
It is what happens when one runs out of arguments.
i was just trying to calm him

i was just trying to calm him
By telling people to chill out you actually achieve the opposite, basic knowledge.
But this is turning into drama pretty fast, so back on topic.

Guns aren't even hard to come by in regulated countries like the Netherlands, it's the ammo that's the 'issue'.