Poll

Do you support the death penalty?

Yes.
Only if the person is an ongoing danger to society.
No.

Author Topic: Death Penalty - Ye or Ne? - also why terrorists are better than murderers  (Read 9989 times)

what i hate about this planet is that prisoners get nice free food while students get stuff paid food. forget this planet and everyone on it

Sunday: O'Charley's
Monday: IHOP
Tuesday: Olive Garden
Wednesday: Applebee's
Thursday: Chili's
Friday: Ponderosa
Saturday: Outback

Sunday: O'Charley's
Monday: IHOP
Tuesday: Olive Garden
Wednesday: Applebee's
Thursday: Chili's
Friday: Ponderosa
Saturday: Outback
Dude can you give me your life?

funny how the guillotine was designed as a humane thing for people so they could have a quick, paianless death

why would they be mentally unstable but muslims wouldnt be considered this?
I think that terrorists should be labeled insane and not sentenced to death. I've already said this.

funny how the guillotine was designed as a humane thing for people so they could have a quick, paianless death
turns out it was not only publicly humiliating but it was also extremely painful according to modern studies

you were still alive for 30 seconds

I don't think terrorists are as bad as murderers. I might explain this later. Firing squads are better than lethal injections. They are less painful and cause less emotional trauma for the person, and they are a lot cheaper.

Nobody is trying to rehabilitate murderers. (Lots of rapists have been rehabilitated, you are wrong.) Its only a matter of whether it's life in prison or death.
Society should not work on an "Everything must be equal" system. If you do exactly what a murderer did to them, you are no better than they are. Mercy is what makes people rise above killers. Mercy is much more important than revenge.

Time has proven again and again that "Mercy is what makes people rise above others" just doesn't work. Murderers aren't the kind of people capable of that kind of reasoning.

Pretty sure cost is one of the things working against pro-death so mercy is out of the question that isn't going to get considered by the anti side.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/death-penalty/us-death-penalty-facts/death-penalty-cost

A 2003 legislative audit in Kansas found that the estimated cost of a death penalty case was 70% more than the cost of a comparable non-death penalty case. Death penalty case costs were counted through to execution (median cost $1.26 million). Non-death penalty case costs were counted through to the end of incarceration (median cost $740,000).
. . .
In California the current sytem costs $137 million per year; it would cost $11.5 million for a system without the death penalty.
. . .
When death penalty trials result in a verdict less than death or are reversed, taxpayers first incur all the extra costs of capital pretrial and trial proceedings and must then also pay either for the cost of incarcerating the prisoner for life or the costs of a retrial (which often leads to a life sentence).
. . .
The death penalty diverts resources from genuine crime control measures. Spending money on the death penalty system means:

Reducing the resources available for crime prevention, mental health treatment, education and rehabilitation, meaningful victims' services, and drug treatment programs.
    Diverting it from existing components of the criminal justice system, such as prosecutions of drug crimes, domestic violence, and child abuse.
    Emergency services, creating jobs, and police & crime prevention were the three highest rated priorities for use of fiscal resources.
    Schools/libraries, public health, and roads/transportation also ranked higher than the death penalty.

turns out it was not only publicly humiliating but it was also extremely painful according to modern studies

you were still alive for 30 seconds

wasn't France such a romantic country

wasn't France such a romantic country
France was full of morons much like the modern Democrat

yes but it saves money in things like, medical care, food, clothing, living necessities that would need to be supplied to the prisoner for life.

This would be a rather merciful way to kill someone. It's basically depriving someone of oxygen to the brain, ultimately killing them. Though they don't actually know they're dying, but it could be rather expensive.
watching this really loving irked me. it felt like i myself was being starved of oxygen.

also the only thing that should cost money when killing somebody is:

firing squad bullets and sallary
someone to haul the body away

...?

I don't think you read my comment correctly.

i didnt

my bad

also the only thing that should cost money when killing somebody is:

firing squad bullets and sallary
someone to haul the body away

And some Mr. Clean to clean up the mess.