Olioons: a scary short (hopefully) [VIDEO]

Author Topic: Olioons: a scary short (hopefully) [VIDEO]  (Read 1709 times)

Spent a few hours today filming and editing this little film.  Tell me what you think about it and critique it if you would like.  I still need to add loads more sounds, but I am just curious what you all think about it so far.  It is kinda scary I think because I jumped multiple times during the editing process so yeah...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QsJqSYtffE

the studs throw it off and the colors aren't the greatest, but other then that is was interesting.

also don't say thing like
It is kinda scary I think because I jumped multiple times during the editing process so yeah...
that just makes it seem like you have a big ego

the studs throw it off and the colors aren't the greatest, but other then that is was interesting.

also don't say thing like that just makes it seem like you have a big ego
Yeah the studs, I tried to fix the textures but for some reason the studs would not update ingame.  The other textures like the walls worked though.

I said it made me jump as a warning, although I don't think it is THAT scary.  I see what you mean though, I guess I didn't phrase that properly.

Yeah the studs, I tried to fix the textures but for some reason the studs would not update ingame.  The other textures like the walls worked though.
did you use swollow's texture thing?

backup everything except the base folder, uninstall, reinstall and then put the backed-up folders back in

did you use swollow's texture thing?

backup everything except the base folder, uninstall, reinstall and then put the backed-up folders back in
I used Client_UserContent,  Is swallow's thing better?

Wow, that was slow and uneventful. 2 minutes of walking in dark and darker environments with hardly any sounds/music/ambiance.

-Id add more lighting in areas. You can pull scary scenes out of partially lit rooms more effectively than completely dark ones. Dramatic lighting>No lighting
-Add ambiance, background music, sound effects, something to hear other than...whatever it was you had.
-I didn't see a story or any kind of progression. What is that guy doing out there? Who was that cop? Why was that town apparently abandoned? Have to convey some kind of story to explain some things.
-Use shaders on at least minimal. Gives you much more control over environment and atmosphere. (Fog, Lowangle lighting) This will also fix your brick studs from glowing in the dark.

Wow, that was slow and uneventful. 2 minutes of walking in dark and darker environments with hardly any sounds/music/ambiance.

-Id add more lighting in areas. You can pull scary scenes out of partially lit rooms more effectively than completely dark ones. Dramatic lighting>No lighting
-Add ambiance, background music, sound effects, something to hear other than...whatever it was you had.
-I didn't see a story or any kind of progression. What is that guy doing out there? Who was that cop? Why was that town apparently abandoned? Have to convey some kind of story to explain some things.
-Use shaders on at least minimal. Gives you much more control over environment and atmosphere. (Fog, Lowangle lighting) This will also fix your brick studs from glowing in the dark.
Thank you for the tips.  I will mess around with minimum shaders, but the map I am filming on is large so idk if my graphics card can handle it.

I used Client_UserContent,  Is swallow's thing better?
no i was asking if you were using swallow's because whenever i try to use it everything goes blank, and i figured you were having another problem with it.

still, you should still backup everything and reinstall without that if you can't change back

Thank you for the tips.  I will mess around with minimum shaders, but the map I am filming on is large so idk if my graphics card can handle it.

Thing is, you don't need all of the build present to film certain scenes.
Just cut it up a bit and you might be able to run even higher than minimum.