Author Topic: D-Day TDM [WIP][Suggestions?]  (Read 2267 times)

Hey guys, been working on a new TDM map based off Omaha Beach during the invasion of Normandy during WW2. It is not complete yet so any helpful tips as to what I will need to add or anything of that sort would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any WW2 weapon packs that have things such as ammo or custom animations, links to those would also be awesome, but for now this is what I have done.

Objective
The main objective of this TDM is to have the Americans invade the beach, capture points along the way, and take the final point in the center of the city on the German side. For the Germans, it is to stop the Americans from landing on their beaches and controlling the points.

Progress
As of right now, this TDM is probably a little bit less than halfway done. (~40% - 45%) Even though the basis of it and groundwork is done, many things will be added to it.

Features & Features to Come

Some features that I have already made are:
-VCE-Based objectives needed to storm the beach (Ex. C4 Explosive on the outer wall)
-Realistic Army Playertypes to make it feel as close as possible to the real event (still adding more features on this part)
-Large map for different strategies or counterattacks
-Mini-map at spawn to allow newer players what to aim for and how far they have progressed
-Weapon class system (Still debating if to use this or not, most likely will end up not using it though)

Some features to come:
-Bots on both American and German sides that will act as players but wont affect gameplay too much (so even with little # of players, it feels much more populous)
-Side animations, including planes that will fly over occasionally throughout the game at random times
-An automatic artillery system that will bombard the beaches, depending on number of players on the American team
-Camera-events and mini side clips that will play after certain objectives are taken
-Many more to come!

Last thoughts:
Again, this is a WIP and positive (or possibly negative) criticism is greatly appreciated and any tips on how this would be better would be awesome!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:02:01 PM by Gameking »

More pictures (1/4)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:59:40 PM by Gameking »

More Pictures (2/4)

More Pictures (3/4)

More Pictures (4/4)

This seem really well done! Good job lad! keep on it! But, you know there is a modify button, right? Also. Get imgur and put all the pics in one.

Finally a good WWII TDM! Nicely done :D

Probably should upload your images somewhere instead of posting five times in a row. Overall it looks pretty decent, though.

Oh, that's what i tried to build. But i should put more details. Nice work though.

This si really cool!
But I suggest using [img]image_url_here[/img] to show images in posts ad not attachments.

cul, a lot better than my beach

Nicely done, but could use some more cover on the beach. (Foxholes and stuff)

Nicely done, but could use some more cover on the beach. (Foxholes and stuff)
i think the closest thing to foxholes there were for omaha beach were artillery craters

the 'cover' you guys already have (the beachheads) were pretty much set there already by the germans to prevent any armored type vehicles getting through

i think the closest thing to foxholes there were for omaha beach were artillery craters

the 'cover' you guys already have (the beachheads) were pretty much set there already by the germans to prevent any armored type vehicles getting through
the Czech hedgehogs?

the Czech hedgehogs?
yes, that

i have no idea why i said beachhead