Poll

How should we fix this issue?

Save the children!!
15 (16.3%)
Video games are harmless and fun.
60 (65.2%)
Let's go level the White House (Clash of Clans)!!
17 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Violent Video Games - Ye or Ne? - Training America's next terrorists  (Read 1646 times)

I think the joke went so far over your head it escaped earth's gravitational pull
ya but that doesn't mean the topic can't be a real discussion too

..not that there would probably be much input from the other side on a forum dedicated to an online lego videogame but uh

I've actually took an English class and my paper was about video games.  What I learned about violent video games, it cannot cause any violence at all, but it can be harmful in other ways.  One of those ways is: since video games are fun to play, you can easily become addicted to it as well.  When you become addicted to video games, you'll be playing game after game after game after game and it will be none stop.  Being addicted to video games will cut you off from life and there will be a whole lot of things you'll miss out, you can say it's another way to keep you isolated from everybody else you know.  Not all of us will become addicted to violent video games, we set time limits to know how long we want to play.

How I know this, because it happen to me and what I heard, I'm not the only one that gaming became my life, it's fun to play, but it's dangerous to our health's.

If anything they help let of a little steam.

video games are fine and are not the cause of violence. They can influence things like choice of words and other small things. But prolly not even that most of the time.

Violent video games should not condone real life violence.  In fact, they're probably containing the likelihood of violence in a good portion of people.

IF there are people who are influenced by these games, they're most likely
-Stupid, and will re-enact anything even if a giant red sign says not to*
-Mentals who probably shouldn't even play these due to some psychotic trigger
-Children (specifically younger boys who fill on Mt. Dew and sugar)*
-Wastes of life who have nothing better to do*

*rednecks can apply to multiple categories

Otherwise, violent video games don't cause actual violence (at least, we hope they don't).

If anything they help let of a little steam.

Unintended pun

Video games do not cause violence.That is just nonsense that some people ignorantly believe because the media cherry picks examples of violent people who play video games while ignoring plenty of people that play games who are not violent.

video games do not cause violent behaviors, they are, however, an outlet for pre-existing conditions

-snip-
The problem is that that can happen with anything fun. Music, books, movies, Netflix, etc.