Is Alienware a joke?

Author Topic: Is Alienware a joke?  (Read 2421 times)

Alienware is for people who don't know the difference between a PC and a console.

dont they overheat like hell
mine doesnt, but any computer can overheat, some parts get so hot they can melt skin [I.E. would be one of the hyperthreaded quad cores]

its not the cpu that gets hot for laptops. its always the damn gpu. thing has 1 little brittle fan keeping it alive

i use to play xbox live quite a bit
99% of the players who said they owned a gaming computer said it was an alienware
its just the beats of computers

they probabaly are lying, if you play live, you probabably cant even afford a good one

alienware is the apple of windows computers

its just the beats of computers

brother that's a damn fine comparison.

its not the cpu that gets hot for laptops. its always the damn gpu. thing has 1 little brittle fan keeping it alive
laptops are junk lol, the X51 has more than one fan

and whats wrong with the shells? the shells are awesome looking

Yea I have an old m11x and heating issues are common. I wouldn't recommend them.

i can gaurantee most the people saying they suck either no nothing about them, or havent used them

Because they're overpriced as hell. I've never really seen any other companies good performance for the price other than IBuyPower.
I also had heating issues, so I just stopped using Alienware all together. I could care less about the fact it was bought my dell.

Yea I have an old m11x and heating issues are common. I wouldn't recommend them.
personally, IMO, all laptops have heat issues, speaking from expirience

i can gaurantee most the people saying they suck either no nothing about them, or havent used them

You see, you don't need to have used one to say it sucks. They list the damn specs. SURE, they might perform fine, but the price to parts ratio is loving awful. Making a computer with the same specs would probably save you at least $500, more in line with $1000.

personally, IMO, all laptops have heat issues, speaking from expirience
Yes but this one overheated so bad the fan blew out and I also had to get the damaged motherboard replaced
Thank god for warranties

Yes but this one overheated so bad the fan blew out and I also had to get the damaged motherboard replaced
Thank god for warranties
thats the problem, one fan wont cool a powerhouse

Alienware sucks because their computers are vastly overpriced. You're paying 250% more to have something in a fancy case that you could probably buy on the market for $50
you should see falcon northwest's laptops. those things can get up to like, $3,200. (they also have stuffty battery life apparently)

then again you can also get the case custom painted in just about any color which is cool but absurdly expensive.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:49:58 PM by carolcat »