African Ebola coming to U.S.

Author Topic: African Ebola coming to U.S.  (Read 5185 times)

In the late stages of Ebola, people tend to bleed out of every orifice of their body, then die.

No, it is not
i thought it was though?
i guess my 7th grade science class betrayed me >:(

A close friend of mine is Liberian and lives in Liberia. He said:
"Once a civil war, now epidemic war kills innocent Liberians."

Ebola spreads poorly enough that it's not something to really worry about in more developed countries
When someone is stuffting, vomiting, and bleeding from every orifice, the virus tends to spread a lot faster. Also, the virus can survive about a week when outside of bodily fluids.  But the Ebola virus is susceptible to sodium hypochlorite, lipid solvents, phenolic disinfectants, peracetic acid, methyl alcohol, ether, sodium deoxycholate, 2% glutaraldehyde, 0.25% Triton X-100, β-propiolactone, 3% acetic acid (pH 2.5), formaldehyde and paraformaldehyde, and detergents such as SDS (20, 21, 31-34). (http://www.msdsonline.com/resources/msds-resources/free-safety-data-sheet-index/ebola-virus.aspx)
So washing your hands could quite literally save your life.

In a developed country like the U.S. I doubt it's going to get anywhere given that there's basically medicine anywhere if you don't live all the way out in the countryside.
You can't cure a virus and this one can't be treated.

Link from Wikipedia, can not judge for it's credibility:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola

Offhand question: are Wikipedia links okay? I'm just making sure since this is the first one I've posted.

yes wikipedia links are fine and credible
anyone who says otherwise is brainwashed by their idiot teachers

okay well I didn't know everyone does what you would do.
they dont. Did you totally miss the part where I said "I"

yes wikipedia links are fine and credible
anyone who says otherwise is brainwashed by their idiot teachers

That's why I thought they were not credible, thanks for the heads up.

The school system is forgeted anyway, but that's getting off topic.

if this virus becomes airborne somehow and we all die, with my last words i blame africa

You need to come in contact with someones bodily fluids (other than saliva), so as long as you don't touch anyones blood, pee, feces, you should be ok. I doubt there would be an outbreak in the US due to our quick "QUARANTINE IT NOWWW!" attitude.

you mean dont lick things in public or kiss random people?

damn it

if this virus becomes airborne somehow and we all die, with my last words i blame africa
loving africa

this is why wario doesnt have ebola
he eats garlic you silly goose

not onions

this has to be the first time where, when this disease gets airborne, it's perfect to say "GOD DAMN YOU, NIGERIAN CUNTS!"

i think the correct response to this situation is to bomb africa