No Man's Sky Megathread - Op revised by Swat 3

Author Topic: No Man's Sky Megathread - Op revised by Swat 3  (Read 6524 times)

OP REVISED BY SWAT 3

----
Every Planet Procedural. Every Planet Unique.

What Is No Man's Sky?

"No Man’s Sky is a game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated universe." - NMS Website

No Man's Sky is a game being developed by Hello Games, an indie studio located in South London, creator of the Joe Danger series. No Man's Sky is aiming for a procedurally-generated universe - I kid you not, and entire universe - That the player will be able to explore. From planets to plants to ships to animals, NOTHING will be the same. Please note: We only know that there is a galaxy. Sean has mentioned once that it is possible to venture outside of the galaxy, but THIS IS A TOUCHY SUBJECT.

What Do You Do in No Man's Sky?

The game has a loose goal; you start out at the edge of the galaxy on a habitable planet with only a pod and your wits. Most people might want to get to the center of it. Whether you choose to accept this goal, that's up to you. Other than that, we're not quite sure what's in for us besides that - it's a survival situation, but we don't know how it will work. You can be a bounty hunter, a trader, a biologist, a explorer - this is, again, a touchy subject.

Which Gaming Platforms Will No Man's Sky Be On?

No Man's Sky will launch on the PlayStation 4 and most likely come on the PC at a later date. The Xbox One is out of the picture, as Hello Games haven't spoken about it.

Last-generation consoles (PS3, Xbox 360) are out of the question. Wii and the Wii U are also out of the question.

Multiplayer

Players have the ability to add planets they discover to the star map, share animals they discover, etc. It is unclear whether or not you will meet another player in game, but it is unlikely that you will considering the size of the game's universe. A more traditional multiplayer, however, is going to be added after launch.

----

PRETTY ART & PICTURES

----
I'll add more to this as I find the images.
----

FOREVER A WORK IN PROGRESS.
See any mistakes? Want stuff added? Tell Swat 3 or AtlasBlue.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:26:09 PM by AtlasBlue »

this game looks really fun

-reserved-
god damnit block, you're the new janitor
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:17:06 PM by AtlasBlue »

I am so excited for this game you have no idea this game is like 10% of why I am gonna get a nice computer one way or another

OH MY GOD sign me up right now

Time to upgrade my video card and stuff

if it exists, the blockland exploration brigade will jump to your aide!
iunno if i'll get the game but it'd be neat if it comes around and we could have something like that up

I'm buying this game the second it comes out

Flamecannon if you don't buy it then you're gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

i would buy it but i probably cant run it

This game is fantastic looking. It's not often you see that much color in something space related.

this is where games should be at, looks way cool

This looks cool, a mix of Homeworld and planet explorers holy stuff yes.