No Man's Sky Megathread - Op revised by Swat 3

Author Topic: No Man's Sky Megathread - Op revised by Swat 3  (Read 6532 times)

i'll probably get this game, but i only feel it will truly be amazing when multiplayer comes out.
I imagine it'll be a feature when it's released. this isn't like one of those early-access kickstarter games

I imagine it'll be a feature when it's released. this isn't like one of those early-access kickstarter games
No. It isn't going to be a feature when it is released.

No. It isn't going to be a feature when it is released.
unbelievable

Yeah that is kinda dumb, I mean it'll only be fun for a month at most with no multiplayer

I remember when I made a thread about this, knew it for a long time, but, idk, their studio got sunk, still don't know how they are doing as the website is just a  animated diamond sort of thing from what I remember

So what do you actually do? OP doesn't really say anything about it.

I remember when I made a thread about this, knew it for a long time, but, idk, their studio got sunk, still don't know how they are doing as the website is just a  animated diamond sort of thing from what I remember
That was Christmas when the studio got flooded.

So what do you actually do? OP doesn't really say anything about it.
linkslinkslinks

linkslinkslinks

The only real information I got from following links was this:

Every solar system, planet, ocean and cave is filled with danger, [...] your ship and suit are fragile, and every encounter can test your skills to the limit. From dogfighting in space to first-person combat on a planet’s surface, you will face foes ready to overwhelm you. And one mistake could see you lose everything. [...] Every victory and every defeat has lasting consequences.

So it's a singleplayer (and at times rarely multiplayer) space FPS with random scenery? I don't really see the longevity in that, but okay.

It is more like an extended Elite without the multiplayer.

idk, I guess not everyone likes to whole idea of exploration lol.

It is more like an extended Elite without the multiplayer.

idk, I guess not everyone likes to whole idea of exploration lol.
exploration is cool, but minecraft isn't fun forever either. it's basically just planet explorers with more then one planet and no multiplayer

Man, gameplay aside, I hope there's a way to turn off the hipster filtering that's seen in all the videos and screenshots. That would bug me way too much, I want to be able to see.

Man, gameplay aside, I hope there's a way to turn off the hipster filtering that's seen in all the videos and screenshots. That would bug me way too much, I want to be able to see.
You mean the stuff on the top and bottom?

Probably.
exploration is cool, but minecraft isn't fun forever either. it's basically just planet explorers with more then one planet and no multiplayer
It is more than that.

I would like to point out that you are really there to gather resources to make better ships and in that go toward the center of the galaxy because you can travel farther distances with your warp drive. Do not forget, that this is not the main thing but it is very suggestive action by the developer. I would like to mention that going toward the center of the galaxy produces more alien-like planets and organisms.

This usually means more pirates and enemies, because it is just simply more difficult.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 07:08:31 PM by Swat 3 »

I really hope they don't limit themselves to carbon-based life forms on earth like planets.

I'd love to fly into a gas giant and see some sort of gas-filled balloon jelly fish, feasting on updrafts of certain gases.

I'd love to fly into a gas giant and see some sort of gas-filled balloon jelly fish, feasting on updrafts of certain gases.
for some reason developers never include gas giants in space exploration games other than them just being there (see: spore)