Author Topic: No Man's Sky Megathread - Op revised by Swat 3  (Read 6539 times)

for some reason developers never include gas giants in space exploration games other than them just being there (see: spore)
Right?

I'd assume its because we don't know a whole ton about them in real life, but its sci-fi for gods sake, that's the area where it thrives most, when we don't know stuff.

Most are the planets you find will not be in the Goldilocks zones and most likely not contain life. you have to remember the planets seen in the trailers are rare.

We don't know anything about gas giants.  I may come with the game or they might just after the game. if it doesn't come upon release is probably going to be unlikely that they are going to put it in due to the nature of the procedural algorithms.

Most are the planets you find will not be in the Goldilocks zones and most likely not contain life. you have to remember the planets seen in the trailers are rare.

We don't know anything about gas giants.  I may come with the game or they might just after the game. if it doesn't come upon release is probably going to be unlikely that they are going to put it in due to the nature of the procedural algorithms.
Wait so most of the planets I find are going to be floating rocks?

How much variation do you think we'll be seeing here?

Wait so most of the planets I find are going to be floating rocks?

How much variation do you think we'll be seeing here?
A lot. You guys do know that not all planets can support life, but of course, sci-fi blah blah.

If you think about it, there would only be two or one or zero planets in each solar system you discover that will be able to support life. Of course, you may not think about it so much, but those who do not look like it might just be able to have bacteria in the caves you go in. Who knows? Maybe Hello Games will just break that rule and put super cool aliens on the moons of gas giants or something.

If you go towards the center of the galaxy, stuff simply gets more odd and angrier and alien. So no, probably not floating rocks, because the only floating-rock-of-a-planet is Mercury, who is doused with radiation and heat. There was a mentioning that there is also poisonous planets, planets like Venus, that you need to upgrade your suit in order to be able to survive in them.

A lot. You guys do know that not all planets can support life, but of course, sci-fi blah blah.

If you think about it, there would only be two or one or zero planets in each solar system you discover that will be able to support life. Of course, you may not think about it so much, but those who do not look like it might just be able to have bacteria in the caves you go in. Who knows? Maybe Hello Games will just break that rule and put super cool aliens on the moons of gas giants or something.

If you go towards the center of the galaxy, stuff simply gets more odd and angrier and alien. So no, probably not floating rocks, because the only floating-rock-of-a-planet is Mercury, who is doused with radiation and heat. There was a mentioning that there is also poisonous planets, planets like Venus, that you need to upgrade your suit in order to be able to survive in them.
Dude, do you know how fast I'd buy this game if you could collect microbial samples and stuff on mostly barren planets, bring them back up into a larger ship with a lab, and just watch them swim around under a microscope? Perhaps douse them with some radiation and watch them mutate sci-fi style.

Dude, do you know how fast I'd buy this game if you could collect microbial samples and stuff on mostly barren planets, bring them back up into a larger ship with a lab, and just watch them swim around under a microscope? Perhaps douse them with some radiation and watch them mutate sci-fi style.
Would be very cool if you could also seed planets with life.
I get that it'd take you millions of years to see the end results of that, but if it was sped up at all then that'd be cool. I don't need a game to be super-realistic all the time, so fast evolution ain't a problem IMO.

Who knows?

We'll just have to find out when the game gets released and see some reviews.

Who knows?

We'll just have to find out when the game gets released and see some reviews.
Better be on PC so mods can fulfill what no doubt will be left out.

Better be on PC so mods can fulfill what no doubt will be left out.
It will.

man this game would do wonders on wii u