Topic is being moved. Opinions?

Make new BL topic
2 (25%)
Move to CivRP
2 (25%)
Neutral
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Anagaea: A New Era of Empires - 160BC  (Read 85570 times)

Plethora you just placed a tsunami and a tsunami-creating earthquake right near my bloody capital second-most popular trading port.

I do not of agree with this.
Actually yeah, the tsunami thing did go a bit far to affect Atenisia, too.  It's probably best to get moderator approval before doing something like that.

Also note it is now about 590 AD.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:33:51 PM by SWAT One »

If I overstep my bounds as a non-moderator in the next paragraph, I can accept that this is void.
Whatever then.  Best I find out now where the uncrossable lines in this particular rp lie rather than when there's a war.

I'd say if it's an event that is out of a nation's control (natural disaster, weather, etc.), it should solely affect you, or affect others with their permission.  Or ask a moderator.

Out of context, this sorta falls under "auto-hitting".

Also, the northern Avalonian campaigns succeed with a cost of only about 213 soldiers and 160 horses, however, since certain feifdoms had relations to Ormica, Avalonia's reputation there declines.  Avalonia gains a sizeable portion of land to the north.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:33:40 PM by SWAT One »

Yes, I suppose that could fall under the category of auto hitting.

These fiefdoms are on the other side of Avalonia from Ormica, so it's clear.  But I'm happy enough with this.

Avalonia sends gifts of iron, glasswork, ceramics, furs, and precious metals to appease the Ormican leadership and people.  Avalonia also promises (honor bound) to avoid hurting any relations of Ormica or Espul, so far as it can be helped, in future; the promise is sealed in blood as the Chairman of the Council ceremonially cuts his palm as signature for the letters bearing this information to Ormica and Espul - intentionally going back on this would drop the Council's honor down to just about nothing.

My other account was banned because I was being stupid and couldn't stop arguing.  Curse my big mouth. 

Yeah, Morningstar will be participating but right now I don't feel like working. 

These fiefdoms are on the other side of Avalonia from Ormica, so it's clear.  But I'm happy enough with this.
I am aware.  Regardless, a growing power uniting together would be wise to secure a safe rule, and safe neighbors and allies.

-snip-
Nevermind, I saw your profile.

Regardless, a growing power uniting together would be wise to secure a safe rule, and safe neighbors and allies.
That's what I was under the impression I was doing, weeding out any land that could become hostile and strengthening ties with the friendlies.

Avalonia begins siphoning money from other stuff to build proper roads into its new lands in order to more fully incorporate it into the rest of the nation with increased trade and a greater flow and to assimilate the people culturally.

Avalonian merchants return from the East with agricultural products of great size and more vivid coloration.  Further convoys are sent that way to see how it's done, and report back a basic form of crop rotation.  Avalonian farmers begin to replicate the method, but slowly because Avalonians have done it their way for generations and as a whole are slow to try new things.

Atenisia starts sending an influx of products to Avalonia, including grapes, wines, fine marble statues, jewlery, articulate clam shells/other craft arts, and seafoods.

Atenisia starts sending an influx of products to Avalonia, including grapes, wines, fine marble statues, jewlery, articulate clam shells/other craft arts, and seafoods.
oh stuff plethora they flooding your economy with cheap products to ruin it

Luxury goods.  Avalonia's still king of glassware and ceramics (much more universal market for those than for statues).

Avalonia responds by trading the regular stuff, plus cheap plastic toys and fabrics produced in sweatshops decorated weapons, fancy tapestries, and goods from the East.

This statue of Theodore Flint is forged of bronze by Avalona's finest bronzesmiths and planted squarely in the middle of the courtyard of the Citadel of Nazgar.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:29:04 PM by Plethora »

oh stuff plethora they flooding your economy with cheap products to ruin it
On each grape is a line:
"Made In China."

And moon balloons.

Erinamese forces choke out the last of the Bēlänese forces, capture Bētanca, and force Bēlänia's surrender.  The king and his court are paraded around Bētanca and Erinaum.

As the war has come to an end, the clouds clear (not speaking of the Galaumian storms).  The war has left Erinaum's army with fewer soldiers, though most of these people with incredible experience.  Erinaum annexes Zēnia and Bēlänia.  Within a few years of capture, Bēlänia's riots have been calmed to a considerable degree.

Ivēxür Erin VX issues the "Edict of United Ezbátu".  This document states that all currencies in Ezbátu uniting under Erinaum be replaced by Erinamese forms of currency.  It also states that Erinamese become the primary language.  Insurgency or disobedience will force Erinaum to make the unruly into civil servants for a minimum period of 10 years.  This is to the intention of spreading infrastructure to other parts of Erinaum.  The road network is to expand to all united peoples under the gold crescent.

With this annexation, Tsekēnaum fears that Erinaum intends to annex it with military force, and it bolsters up its military of 5,000 to 8,000.  Erinamese ambassadors are sent saying that under the edict, they will be given the option to negotiate peacefully, and that no harm and many benefits will come to the region including, but not limited to roads, precious metals, court positions, etc.

The Erinamese military begins training exercises to train new recruits and regulars.  Successes of the crossbow in Bētanca result in it being spread through the archery divisions more often.  Ways to improve it are now underway with Captain Nåvinie, head of the archery division.

what remains of the exploration group makes it along the coast to avalonia

a trade request is sent

What remains of the exploration group makes it along the coast to Avalonia.
Would have encountered Avalonian ships first.  Trade accepted.  Usual Avalonian stuff for sale in exchange for your stuff.

Avalonian smart people develop calipers.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 07:35:42 AM by Plethora »

varansk works on their fancy and valuable new maps

Our most skilled cartographer brings forward to the Queen his most important work: The World As We Know It.

[textless: http://i.imgur.com/6VKfIfi.png ]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:54:17 PM by Tudoreleu »