Author Topic: Ikares' Rock Climbing Deathmatch  (Read 2616 times)

Ikares' Rock Climbing Deathmatch

Ikares presents to you today, his rock climbing deathmatch (aka, rocky road deathmatch).

Information
----------------
Our server combines an action-packed deathmatch with creepy music, tough-to-climb rocks, and more. We are looking for staff, application must be in the format below. Basic gameplay involves jumping and making your way through the rocks to find another player, who you will then kill. There are two weapons, a revolver, and a jump gun.. The server is limited to 12 players, because too many players would disrupt the gameplay as a whole. this is just an exaggeration, the music is not creepy, and the rocks are not tough to climb.

Current staff
----------------
Ikares
Executioner173
DragonoidSlayer
The awsome sniper (not sure about him, might remain mod)
Cruxeis (mod)

Rules
-------
Be ethical
Be responsible
Accept the rules
Accept the server
Don't spam (any kind)
Have fun!

Staff format
--------------
IGN:
Experiences:
Recommendations:
Why do you want to be staff?:

Changelog
------------
Finished with development
Hired ProTear
Made topic
Changed map
Added spawns
Made mini
Started server up
Hired admins, look in ProTear's topic
Server went down.

Welp, the server is back up if any of you want to join.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:07:34 PM by Ikares »

Looks interesting! Is the server online?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:45:09 AM by ProTear »

Looks nice, would be cool if you added little caves and holes.

Great recommendation.

We're going to add that soon, stay tuned!

Hello everyone! Sorry about the server being broken for a minute, it's fixed and up. I am going to increase the size of the map, and with that, the amount of players allowed.

Staff format
--------------
IGN: I do not own an account at IGN
Method of contact (any is fine): United States of America
Experiences: Blockland Forums
Recommendations: My mom, my principal, my brother, and my best friend Pete
Why do you want to be staff?: I thought this was an application for the Krusty Krab!!

Staff format
--------------
IGN: 51051
Method of contact (any is fine): Blockland Forums via PM
Experiences: Boost's Servers, and a few others
Recommendations: Boost, Nal
Why do you want to be staff?: I like to help people, and I think your server is pretty neat for a DM.

Staff format
--------------
IGN: I do not own an account at IGN
Method of contact (any is fine): United States of America
Experiences: Blockland Forums
Recommendations: My mom, my principal, my brother, and my best friend Pete
Why do you want to be staff?: I thought this was an application for the Krusty Krab!!

Staff format
--------------
IGN: 51051
Method of contact (any is fine): Blockland Forums via PM
Experiences: Boost's Servers, and a few others
Recommendations: Boost, Nal
Why do you want to be staff?: I like to help people, and I think your server is pretty neat for a DM.
Caribou, you are not accepted, but put on suggestion. This means that if we are encountering issues/low on staff, you may be accepted.

I'm locking the thread for the night, don't ask why.

Unlocked, so, this is an announcement for all of the people that might view this thread. I'm changing the objectives and style completely, what I plan to do is remove the deathmatch, add parkour-style gameplay and someone who will be shooting at you. The "Jumpers" are selected from a bunch of spectators and will be given a riot shield and that's just about it. Their goal is to get to the green area without being killed by the "Slayer", aka, the guy who shoots at you from a shoot-through window. Slayers are given a shotgun, a couple of buttons to press depending on where the Jumper is, and hope that the Jumper will not reach the green area. If the Slayer kills the Jumper, they will be rewarded two points, and another Jumper will be selected. If that Jumper fails, another Jumper will be selected to try out. If, however, the Jumper reaches the green area without being killed by the Slayer, the Jumper wins and the Slayer loses.

I'm tired, so I can't think or build clearly, and this new gamemode is not finished yet. I'm going to bed soon, but if I stay up a little longer, I'd like some help. Anyone who helps with the project may or may not be given administrator privileges, if not, they will be given respectable rewards.

When me and my admins finish this, the server will be open publicly, but for today it's all development. Sorry folks.

Also, admin application rates are 35% up, so try applying today. As well, Caribou, if you can get on at the right time, I will give you temporary admin.

Bump 4 everyone. We're going to leave the server open for a while, so if any of you want to join, you can. We're going to start development on the new game mode later in the day, but when I can, I'm going to host the old one. So, when we're finished completely with both, we'll basically host one for a while and then switch to another one.

Alright, I'm starting it up, right about now.