Poll

Which worst Driving Death most from?

Drink & Driving Death
17 (30.9%)
Text & Driving Death
38 (69.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Drink & Driving Death VS Text & Driving Death  (Read 3773 times)

In my opinion, i think texting while driving is worst, you're litterally LOOKING away from the road for about 8-10 seconds, but when drinking and driving, most people look towards the road. idk

In my opinion, i think texting while driving is worst, you're literally LOOKING away from the road for about 8-10 seconds, but when drinking and driving, most people look towards the road. idk
yeeaahhh drunk driving is by far the most debilitating of the two, don't let anyone bullstuff you otherwise. but texting and driving happens thousands of times more often so more people die from it.

Phones are evil (inb4illuminati)
More people text then drink, do the math.
(Meant to say more people text than drink, but it works both ways I guess)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:51:43 AM by Doom Mantis »

People who drink and drive are trying to drive.  People who text and drive are trying to text.

Just be responsible and focus on pleasuring your cat while driving instead.

Mmmm, my car is purring like a kitten

In my opinion, i think texting while driving is worst, you're litterally LOOKING away from the road for about 8-10 seconds, but when drinking and driving, most people look towards the road. idk

Okay, how about people like me who can text without even looking at their phone? It takes me less time to read a text message than it takes to change the radio station to something when a bad song is on. So the equivalent danger of me sending a text message while driving is like changing the radio station then scratching my leg.

texting drunk while driving with a car full of 3 babies

Okay, how about people like me who can text without even looking at their phone? It takes me less time to read a text message than it takes to change the radio station to something when a bad song is on. So the equivalent danger of me sending a text message while driving is like changing the radio station then scratching my leg.
Do you think it should be legal? Or do you think it should just be legal for people like you?

Do you think it should be legal? Or do you think it should just be legal for people like you?

Neither. I'm okay with the idea of breaking the law to send a text message, if I get pulled over I deserve it.

Okay this logic is really flawed because there's a reason drinking while driving is illegal and thats because it literally forgets up your judgement and perception of things so that you cant drive safely. You could be staring straight at the road ahead of you and still get into a crash EASILY if you're wasted.
When you're texting you're at least in a normal mindset and know exactly what you're doing. When you're drunk you just do things and barely even realize it.
If you're wasted then drinking while driving is definitely way worse than sending a quick text to someone.

^ this guy right here has never gotten drunk evidently

^ this guy right here has never gotten drunk evidently
Thank you, I was thinking that same thing.
I' m not trying to sound like some badass or condescending but if you had been drunk before you would understand why it could be really hard to drive.

ive never texted while driving but i was in a car with a guy who was drunk af and he crashed and so im proly not gonna do that again it sucked