DrenDran's WIP Economy Server --- How long do I make a year?

Poll

How long should a year take? (Crops take maybe 2/3 of a year to grow on average, take into consideration changes in gameplay style here)

Six hours? (Maintenance for best output maybe once an hour)
23 (51.1%)
Twelve hours? (Reccomended maintenance every few hours for best output)
2 (4.4%)
A day (Optimal maintenance is maybe two/three times a day)
6 (13.3%)
Longer (Maintenance maybe once/twice a day)
14 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: DrenDran's WIP Economy Server --- How long do I make a year?  (Read 13111 times)

I don't remember if this was your server or someone elses, but make a large landscape thing where people have to buy their own plots of land for growing

All I remember from that server is the spawn was forgeted up and you would die if you tried to leave it

Added a poll I'd like answered.

add a tractor and i will farm
add no tractor and i will cry

also saving. i dont wanna wait half an hour for a plant to grow just to end up leaving for something then come back with nothing but wasted time

I don't remember if this was your server or someone elses, but make a large landscape thing where people have to buy their own plots of land for growing
You will have to claim land. Yes.
Try to make an actual build this time, cause if I rember correctly, it was just a grid of baseplates.
There might be a central building or two but it's mostly player made.
I remember when Waldo used to host his farm server, those where good times, its a shame he doesn't host it anymore, but yours looks great!
I think I played it before though, however I don't remember if it had models back then or not...

My server has always had models. Since I first hosted it.
YES! I was just thinking about this server a couple days ago. Please do the lot system though because it was awful without it.
I'm thinking about a sort of hybrid system.

Basically you pay for bricks to build. As per default Blockland only you or people with build trust can build on your bricks. However this server will add an area around your build that no one else may build unless they have build trust. You may have up to one free baseplate. So if you try and plant a baseplate and there are no other baseplates on the server by you, you get it for free. Baseplates will claim land for you.

add a tractor and i will farm
add no tractor and i will cry

also saving. i dont wanna wait half an hour for a plant to grow just to end up leaving for something then come back with nothing but wasted time
The server always saved data so when you left it'd be there when you returned.
The only issue was when the whole server went down some of the properties of the bricks themselves were lost. (e.g. you'd have to replace your crops)
I'll try and find a way around that.

Basically you pay for bricks to build.

Oh man I remember those CityRPs that drove me insane because bricks were expensive. Make them reasonable please.

Basically you pay for bricks to build. As per default Blockland only you or people with build trust can build on your bricks. However this server will add an area around your build that no one else may build unless they have build trust. You may have up to one free baseplate. So if you try and plant a baseplate and there are no other baseplates on the server by you, you get it for free. Baseplates will claim land for you.

Sounds fine as long as it's organized. The thing that I think was part of the downfall of this server that lead to it being unpopular was that crops took way too long to grow, and that it looked bad. When you spawned there was just bricks randomly everywhere, it looked a ton better with the lots/spawn area and it was easier to get around.

If you do decrease the growing time by that much you should still balance it out so it doesn't give you as much crop.

Oh man I remember those CityRPs that drove me insane because bricks were expensive. Make them reasonable please.
:cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:55:05 AM by Crøwn »

I can't believe you all want like 5 minute growth times.
I mean how short would you go if you could?

So I'm completely remaking the mod from scratch.
I have the old mod, but I wanted to redo it.

Removing features people disliked, getting some bugs out, probably introducing a whole bunch more.
It'll be great.

Do 15 minutes.
But everyone else wants 5 minutes.

I'll farm ur moms vag llolololo

But seriously this server is addicting

add a tractor! nobody got time for walking

add a tractor! nobody got time for walking
Any available tractor models I can use?