DrenDran's WIP Economy Server --- How long do I make a year?

Poll

How long should a year take? (Crops take maybe 2/3 of a year to grow on average, take into consideration changes in gameplay style here)

Six hours? (Maintenance for best output maybe once an hour)
23 (51.1%)
Twelve hours? (Reccomended maintenance every few hours for best output)
2 (4.4%)
A day (Optimal maintenance is maybe two/three times a day)
6 (13.3%)
Longer (Maintenance maybe once/twice a day)
14 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: DrenDran's WIP Economy Server --- How long do I make a year?  (Read 13117 times)

sadly no one ever made a tractor. i was thinking you could pull a quick model but i guess having no tractor is fine

sadly no one ever made a tractor. i was thinking you could pull a quick model but i guess having no tractor is fine
I'd like to have one and could easily script it if someone had a model somewhere.

Any available tractor models I can use?

If this happens, make them expensive (vehicle spawn prices). I'm envisioning them being easier to obtain and having people driving/jumping/parking them on other people's lots.

If this happens, make them expensive (vehicle spawn prices). I'm envisioning them being easier to obtain and having people driving/jumping/parking them on other people's lots.
How about paying for vehicles instead of spawns?

It's up. But it's a real early test. Please join but be prepared to join again later to test when more's added.

How about paying for vehicles instead of spawns?

As in paying for each respawn?

I'd like to have one and could easily script it if someone had a model somewhere.
Why not add the old combine harvester addon?

Server crashed due to a scripting error.
I'm trying out an autosaver I found on the RTB archive.
The last save I had was like 40 minutes old.
For now I'll just reimburse you all for your time with some money.

That said, I think I got the weeds working, but the speed at which they spread might have to be tweaked a lot.

Are you planning on releasing this beauty? There is no real weed mods out there and you gotta smoke if ya gotta smoke, man

anyways server seems cool, too bad I barely play bl anymore but I might just hop on

Come on guys! We need more farmers ye dren is hosting right now

Come on guys! We need more farmers ye dren is hosting right now
I think it's gonna be hard to get the playerbase back we had yesterday cause I had to reset the server.
But now we got an autosaver so that shouldn't happen again.

I've been missing out on the server since I'm not at home but apparent I forgot to set a minigame and the servers real popular

Teamwork 1.

Teamwork 2.

Teamwork 3.

I really like how people help eachother out a lot on this server.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 02:32:11 PM by Theepicman »

this is a very cool concept but i feel like it lacks something else to do
staring at plants doesn't exactly give much entertainment (to me at least)

the teamwork pictures theepicman posted really reminded me of oc_harvest though
if anyone has played obsidian conflict (hl2 coop mod) then they probably remenber that map
if not, here's a link to a wiki page on it

i think that making something similar to that would be very interesting in blockland, having cooperation and stuff going on, buying items to improve the farm, etc
of course, there could always be people that mess stuff up, but you really can't escape that, you have to bear with it
but i think it'd be fun!