DrenDran's WIP Economy Server --- How long do I make a year?

Poll

How long should a year take? (Crops take maybe 2/3 of a year to grow on average, take into consideration changes in gameplay style here)

Six hours? (Maintenance for best output maybe once an hour)
23 (51.1%)
Twelve hours? (Reccomended maintenance every few hours for best output)
2 (4.4%)
A day (Optimal maintenance is maybe two/three times a day)
6 (13.3%)
Longer (Maintenance maybe once/twice a day)
14 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: DrenDran's WIP Economy Server --- How long do I make a year?  (Read 13126 times)

inb4 this turns into a City RPG

no seriously what's the point of having a jail and criminals, that's probably the worst feature you could've ever added to a server that barely has any features to begin with.

how about an economy, how about a market system, how about food and hunger.

how about something sensible that would fit in with a "Farming Server"

Stealing really ruins the server for me. It's such a killjoy when someone takes all your crops and then the only thing you can do is try to tell the police in chat. If you keep the stealing in the farmers need some way of defending themselves.

no seriously what's the point of having a jail and criminals, that's probably the worst feature you could've ever added to a server that barely has any features to begin with.

how about an economy, how about a market system, how about food and hunger.

how about something sensible that would fit in with a "Farming Server"
This in a nutshell would turn this into a city rp, because then you would need civilians to buy the food, and hunger is about the most annoying thing in a city rp.

I kinda liked cityrps.
I just thought the jobs systems in them were loving handicapped.

I promise there will never be a job in my server that pays for just standing around. They'll all require you to actually do something.

That said, reparations are now in place. When a guy steals your crops and is arrested, you'll be at least partially repaid.

server died
and my weed froze to death nooo

why did the server go down/crash?

Damnit. Server is down again. I was just 2 harvests away from getting a weed permit. I want to grow massive amounts of it so I can smoke it. I think I'll try to get 500 and then smoke it all at once.

Yeah, the server crashed after twelve hours of runtime. Everything seems to have saved fine, and I got the crash in the debugger. I'm not too upset right now over it. Me and Ike are going to start work on a new server with a new map. We'll be running two servers tomorrow. The new one will have a grid and a lots system, including agricultural and residential lots and roads and/or a trains system.

how do I keep my weed happy
do I need to use 2 heaters?

Trying to integrate roads and trains.
There's going to be an agricultural district and a residential one.

i'm going to jerk off so hard when you make auto harvesters harvest berries/weed

Your definitions for annual and perennial (and the plants in them) are reversed. Perennials grow back; annuals have to be replanted
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/wildseed/growing/annual.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:49:55 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

Any chance of adding heavy machinery?
Harvesting huge amounts at the same time with a combine harvester, planting seeds with one of those seed drills, ...

It would be more like Farming Simulator.
I mean, we already have the correct physics in place :p

It would require a vehicle lock of course, don't want anyone stealing mah tractor!

I have a problem.
I had $2700, but after putting a 32x32 baseplate down (I kept spamming the Enter key because I was trying to get the brick grid right) and now I am down to like 800. If I could get the $1900 I had that would be great.

EDIT: Someone gave me 2000 dollars. I am amazed.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:34:42 PM by Mr Queeba »