Author Topic: Lack of flying vehicles.  (Read 2119 times)

Yeah, I feel like the majority of vehicle makers now are only doing regular cars. That's great and all, but seriously, how many cars can you have? The addon community is seriously lacking in vehicle makers who will create aircraft and military stuff and other stuff of that sort.
this

everyone is constantly stuffting on new weapon packs for being mainstream while there aren't actually any new vehicles to use in a TDM server.

Maybe if instead of everyone making the same car 15+ times made actual vehicles that had a use other then increasing the datablock count on stuffty RPs, this wouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, I feel like the majority of vehicle makers now are only doing regular cars. That's great and all, but seriously, how many cars can you have? The addon community is seriously lacking in vehicle makers who will create aircraft and military stuff and other stuff of that sort.
continued:

There are quite a few good models that could be used, for example:

This is not textured, or exported, or anything. Its only the model, do whatever you want with it, make a neat vehicle with it *hint hint*, or even modify it. idc.
Download here

and this...

aside from minor touching up the model is ready. If anyone would be interested in creating a functioning script for it that would be pretty fantastic.

I know those aren't aircraft but they are still vehicles other than civilian cars. It would be great if something was done with these.

Most of them got removed in RTB shutdown.
I'm sure you could find the Private Jet, Ramjet and many others somewhere here.

Also from what I remember, helicopters are a pain to handle.
whats r-
oh scramjet nvm

I think, correct me if i am wrong, that cars are easier to make then other vehicles like planes and especially helicopters.
I say this because there are more factors you will have to tweak for flying vehicles.
Second of all, it is easier considering there are so many real life car models at this current time to base their models off of.
It is probably easier to get your inspiration for a car model than a flying vehicle like a plane or a helicopter.

I would like to see more flying vehicles myself as i am a huge fan of them (even though i cannot fly them properly myself haha).
The Heighcontrol mod is in a huge change currently which will hopefully make flying helicopters a bit more realistic/fun while as well giving modders an easy way to use heightcontrol for other things, like the submarine mod (which in my opinion surprised me enormously and was a lot of fun :D).

In my mind, the problem with planes and stuff is that they're a bitch to fly.

In my mind, the problem with planes and stuff is that they're a bitch to fly.
not really? you must suck at flying then lmao
then again i was in an aviation clan years ago and i practiced a lot so