Russian Hackers steal ~1.2 billion usernames and passwords

Author Topic: Russian Hackers steal ~1.2 billion usernames and passwords  (Read 3823 times)

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28654613

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PvKh1aRAIs

Change your passwords on all of your accounts immediately. They still haven't released what sites were hacked.
 (i wonder if they breached google or not)

But thats loving scary.

o stuff

im starting to wish that i could change my passwords
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:58:37 AM by Doom Mantis »

>mfw i use the same password to every site i registered to ever
>mfw i can only remember 1 password

brb trading vodka to the russians for all the steam passwords they got

The Wall Street Journal later revealed that Hold Security intended to offer website owners the ability to check whether they had been affected, but only if they paid a fee.

The firm has since posted a message on its site saying it will charge $120 (£71) a month for a "breach notification service".

uh

Because a group of "hackers" small enough to not be found yet has the equipment required to do anything at all with 1.2 billion usernames and passwords.

I'll worry when Steam starts telling me to change my password

The Wall Street Journal later revealed that Hold Security intended to offer website owners the ability to check whether they had been affected, but only if they paid a fee.

The firm has since posted a message on its site saying it will charge $120 (£71) a month for a "breach notification service".

forget them

forget them
what do you expect? people just want to make a profit

Russia's been a real richard lately.
Whats up with that? Did they run out of vodka?

luckily i don't use the same password for everything or have a straightforward "this for this that for that" system for passwords

holy stuff that's alot of usernames and passwords
edit: i veryfied every accounts i had and none of them got hacked
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:34:29 AM by 77x5ghost2 »

they have nothing better to do in their run down country

i mean i dont know what miy passwords could be used for. u wanna use my junk emails? go ahead pal

also idk what equipment they use but i did this password tester thing and it said my password was like ridiculously hard to get

unless one of those russian hackers has some beef with me i doubt they're gonna pick my username out of 1.2 billion to do some sketchy stuff with

no education or laws enforcing any of this crap

americans can just as easily infiltrate any website and steal stuff as they please but the consequences if caught are much worse.