Author Topic: Russian Hackers steal ~1.2 billion usernames and passwords  (Read 3939 times)

Well, I guess it's time to change my gmail, amazon, dropbox, facebook, twitter, steam, and adobe passwords...maybe even BLF password...and those are just the accounts I really care about/I remember. It's real nice to have many online accounts...

Anyways, my gmail is pretty much always safe with two factor authentication anyways, but whatever.

All this anti russian propaganda in media. *Destroys TV*

kinda wish they'd tell us which websites are affected so i know what to do instead of saying "HEY SOMETHINGS WRONG CHANGE EVERYTHING"

kinda wish they'd tell us which websites are affected so i know what to do instead of saying "HEY SOMETHINGS WRONG CHANGE EVERYTHING"
from what i can tell they're purposefully refusing to tell site owners if they're at risk of being compromised unless they pay a large fee

this

Because I'd rather not have to come up with new passwords for all of my various online accounts every time something like this happens...but apparently they think that they're protecting the sites by doing this if I interpreted that article correctly...

they are, but they are charging the websites for it ;(

I've solved the case.

It's Vodka-nonymous

changed my email password and set up a phone recovery

i have 2 step verification aswell but im too lazy to enable it, and im pretty sure steam is unaffected

Guys here's the thing
As long as you used a good password that can't be brute-force cracked then only the hash of your password (which can't be reversed except by brute force) is in their possession.

So even the password "battery horse goose hair" is secure from them, even though they have the hash of it, since they wouldn't be able to brute-force it.

Guys here's the thing
As long as you used a good password that can't be brute-force cracked then only the hash of your password (which can't be reversed except by brute force) is in their possession.

So even the password "battery horse goose hair" is secure from them, even though they have the hash of it, since they wouldn't be able to brute-force it.

unless the website you registered on stored their passwords in plaintext

jesus christ this happens all the loving time

im so tired of changing my passwords, and i'm not changing them until i know what sites got forgeted.

unless one of those russian hackers has some beef with me i doubt they're gonna pick my username out of 1.2 billion to do some sketchy stuff with
You know theres like a 40% chance yours was taken

whoops less than that

Im russian and uh, we litteraly have NO news or anything about this, looks like usa is going apestuff and trying to frame russia(ukraine does this too).

russias broken laws make it a haven for cybercrime such as child research hosting and hacking

guys

what if this never happened and the company is just trying to scare sites to scam them out of money?

its actually a likely possibility.