Author Topic: My new tune  (Read 1949 times)

ugh use better compression next time

mixing needs major work

take some composition classes, there's no chord progression to speak of and there's way too much repetition

put more effort into the synths, there's very little bass or treble

it's also a wall of sound, everything is the same volume

though you do have some potential at least, since you have enough patience to make music at all
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:14:09 AM by takato14 »

ugh use better compression next time

mixing needs major work

take some composition classes, there's no chord progression to speak of and there's way too much repetition

put more effort into the synths, there's very little bass or treble

it's also a wall of sound, everything is the same volume

though you do have some potential at least, since you have enough patience to make music at all
I agree with this for the most part. I will compliment you on the fact that you separated the different instruments pretty well though.

As for the whole depth thing, I find it helps to think of sound in two dimensions (a plane going through your head) instead of one (a line going through both ears). Sound has a Z depth to it, albeit somewhat an illusion, and it works based on how we interpret sounds from behind us and in front of us IRL. Some plugins allow you to modify this illusion, namely stereo/surround sound and reverb plugins. Experiment with those to try to add more depth.

Thanks for the criticism. I don't know if I had mentioned it before but I've never had any music lessons before, only self teaching myself the piano. I'm all self taught. However, I've really been noticing recently that it's becoming very difficult to make a nice sound because I basically just don't know what I'm doing.
So, anyone know any good tutorials on youtube to help me a little bit? :P