how involved are you with music

Author Topic: how involved are you with music  (Read 2820 times)

except whether or not something "works" is not binary in this case
but think what you want
uhhh
yes it is, what
either something doesn't work or it does work
that's sort of how the concept of "functional" works

I mean which person ever needs to know the difference between 44100 and 48000 bitrate.
ok first off thats sample rate, not bitrate

second 48000 and higher are all strictly worse than 44100 because all it does is allow supersonic frequencies that we can't hear to exist in the file and intermodulate with frequencies we can hear, causing distortion

uhhh
yes it is, what
either something doesn't work or it does work
that's sort of how the concept of "functional" works
you're forgetting the basic concept of how well the job is being done

quality is not binary
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 01:06:55 AM by takato14 »

no one gives a stuff but i'm a lot like couatl, i like drum 'n bass and some breakbeat. jungle is o.k too, but d'n'b is better.
this is a radio station i enjoy. also, if you see cou, tell him about it. i think he'll like it.

http://breakpirates.com
also this has absolutely nothing to do with piracy, i'm not trying to break the rules.
I care. DnB is my favorite genre. I listened to it (and other electronic music) basically all day when doing school work this past school year. I also make DnB and EDM myself.

quality is not binary
then say that, monday, that's entirely different from
whether or not something "works" is not binary

then say that, monday, that's entirely different from
fair enough. my mistake.

Music is a significant portion of my life
I play mandolin and piano, compose bad electronic music, and listen to too many kinds of music to list genres

Music is a significant portion of my life
I play mandolin and piano, compose bad electronic music, and listen to too many kinds of music to list genres
>bad

u wot m8

If it was bad I wouldn't be following you on SoundCloud, lol.

I also have a ~$1000 listening station, probably should've mentioned that first

I probably have more than that in audio hardware and software for recording and stuff in the office with my computer.

I probably have more than that in audio hardware and software for recording and stuff in the office with my computer.
Yeah most of my gear is vintage so it's not that expensive

the most expensive piece of equipment I have cost me about $500 and that's only because it's hyper rare and absolutely mint so the seller milked me for as much as he could

here's a list for those who are interested

ObjectiveDAC
Matrix M-Stage
Sony DR-Z7
Pioneer Monitor 10-II

mm I also have two sieveking omega headphone stands and an open pandora rebirth for a portable player but I wouldnt really say those count as audio gear
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:03:33 AM by takato14 »

I perform music while moving across a field surrounded by other people using pinpoint accuracy, all memorized.

Music is life.

I'm aiming my study more at music technology and production, because I want to be a mix engineer (music producer).
Neat.  I got a pro tools set and I'm really looking forward to learn how to use it.  What do you use?

Bitch, my stuff is nationally recognized.  Try again.

I play on my keyboard every now and then, but i'm usually to busy looking up pieces that are fun and not balls to the walls hard

Music is a lifestyle for me, so I'm constantly surrounded by it and I play piano and occasionally attend festivals when I can. I listen to practically every type of music, but I'm most obsessed with classic rock, electric of any type, classical, and rap.

I posted this a while back and I'm sure it could be somewhat beneficial to others:

Lots of this is fairly mainstream of this is fairly mainstream, but here is some more music I like:

I'm into chill music, but I have a big love for EDM/loud music.

I'm surprised not many people are listing their music.

i love anything relaxed, chill, but tripping. a good example would be this. also, once i get the hang of REAPER, i'm going to do some music. i loved fl studio, but i decided to switch because it just wasn't right for me.

I see that Icelandic. Granted, I can only read one word, but I can read it.