Computer build, opinions.

Author Topic: Computer build, opinions.  (Read 949 times)

Don't do this, you'll never need more than 1TB
this is not necessarily true

that is incredibly subjective
This is ducky duck we're talking about

I doubt he's storing hundreds upon hundreds of hours of HD video

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/adam487/saved/NYmmP6
GTX 760 instead of a GT 740
Slightly newer cpu
No handicapped expensive cooler (stock is fine if you're not overclocking)
A much cheaper blu ray drive
$0.90 cheaper

EDIT: Hang on, problems with that case
EDIT2: Fixed that. That brought the price up about $20 from what you posted. You could shave that $20 back off by switching from a blu-ray drive to a dvd drive

you didnt include a HDD or PSU so im assuming you already own those
However, you should post the PSU model number so we can check compatability
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:10:06 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

Never knew the Fx series didn't ship with a cooler, all the A-# series ship with a stock cooler.

FX processors do ship with a cooler as far as I know. I don't use it. But I do have it, and the box my 6300 came in came with one. It's a little bitch heatsink/fan though lol

hyper212 gang or dont bang

FX processors do ship with a cooler as far as I know. I don't use it. But I do have it, and the box my 6300 came in came with one. It's a little bitch heatsink/fan though lol

hyper212 gang or dont bang
Someone already answered my question, though I was talking about the fact it told him to select a cooler even though his came with one.

I'm still running my stock cooler on my A8, I may get something else as it does get noisy during gaming, though I am considering just switching to water cooling as my case has mounting points for a radiator.

Never knew the Fx series didn't ship with a cooler, all the A-# series ship with a stock cooler.
my fx 4300 came with one.  It's fine if you plan on keeping the CPU at stock speed.

Also the R9 270 is p good.  I have it as well.  I can run planetside 2 at med-high settings hardly ever dipping below 50fps.

APUs are fine but nothing beats having a dedicated graphics card separate from your processor.  I was originally going to get an a10, but I after seeing the FX4300, and the R9 series of graphics cards come out, I changed my mind completely.

Someone already answered my question, though I was talking about the fact it told him to select a cooler even though his came with one.

I'm still running my stock cooler on my A8, I may get something else as it does get noisy during gaming, though I am considering just switching to water cooling as my case has mounting points for a radiator.

just a tip from me, if you want a quiet but extremely effective cooler, go with the CM hyper212. It's cheap as hell, easy to install, and you can add/swap fans to/from it as you please. Really good with airflow whether pushing or pulling. I have my AMD Phenom II 965 (stock 3.4ghz) overclocked to 4.0 ghz and it doesn't skip a beat or get hot.

But, I completely understand if you wanna try out liquid cooling cause I do too. I just don't have a spare buck to buy me a quality one at the moment. It's also really cool for show and tell :)

I do have an HDD already, 1TB.
Two as a matter of fact,

And I just forgot to include a PSU so thanks for telling me.

This is ducky duck we're talking about

I doubt he's storing hundreds upon hundreds of hours of HD video

True, very true.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/adam487/saved/NYmmP6

Woah thats a nice build, thanks.

According to calculator base total should be $740 not $766 and I should be getting this for $711. But I am bad at math so I could have done that wrong.

Also I have a 170GB (about) HDD that I am not using with Windows XP pro previously installed and it is from my school's computer so It has Microsoft Office stuff like Word and Publisher pre-installed and activated.

I might be able to sell it, just PM me. Im not going too expensive but ill go like $20-50.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:36:46 PM by Ducky duck »

but ill go like $20-50.
You can get a brand new 500-1tb hard drive for this price

You can get a brand new 500-1tb hard drive for this price

So how much should I sell it for?

just a tip from me, if you want a quiet but extremely effective cooler, go with the CM hyper212. It's cheap as hell, easy to install, and you can add/swap fans to/from it as you please. Really good with airflow whether pushing or pulling. I have my AMD Phenom II 965 (stock 3.4ghz) overclocked to 4.0 ghz and it doesn't skip a beat or get hot.

But, I completely understand if you wanna try out liquid cooling cause I do too. I just don't have a spare buck to buy me a quality one at the moment. It's also really cool for show and tell :)

Bump

Well I would buy the CM Hyper 212, but I have a 200mm case fan and a Mid-tower case, It doesn't fit unless I remove it.

Bump,

There seems to be a lot of computer
 Related help threads.

Just so you know, I'm not planning on spending $800 on this. Only about $770 max