Music producers of the BLF, I need help finding the name of some drums.

Author Topic: Music producers of the BLF, I need help finding the name of some drums.  (Read 1866 times)

Hey all, I was listening to some music on a spotify radio, and I came across some drums I really liked in this song. I have recorded a snippet of it using Audacity.

I know the drums in the beginning are either bass or taiko, but the drums later on with a sharp smacking sound after the electronic buzz thing are what im trying to figure out.

https://soundcloud.com/user-210038881/mystery-drums/s-IuiII

they might just be some kind of snares with effects on them ??

What effects exactly, I need specifics here.

action strikes sounds like

It sounds to me like they're playing the hoops of snare drums.

I still have no idea what hes doing, action strikes sounds similar but not exact, and I dont exactly have access to a snare drum so I cant test it out.

This is orchestral percussion, usually used in soundtracks. I can't nail down specific samples or packs, but if you search for "orchestral war drum sample pack" you are likely to come across what you're looking for. If you want specifics, a good person to ask might be A.P.X.

Sounds like a normal orchestral library with either taikos or small body drums, maybe even a snare (without the wires engaged). Sounds like they've got the transients pretty pumped and but with a softer knee.

Bro just walk into a guitar center with a mic, hit a snare hoop a couple times, and sample it. It's what I do sometimes lol.

Broke it down into sections. Best I can discern.

Taiko, toms, and bass drum roll to crescendo.
Bag pipe in break.

(Ensemble of Drummers)
Drumstick on drumstick contact. Drumsticks on hoops. Brushed tom hits.
Brushed Hi-Hat closed.
Timpani and Taiko.

Cello and bass play spiccato.
Viola and violin play col legno buttato.

Edit: Also they probably EQ'd the toms by blowing up the high frequencies.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:22:54 PM by A.P.X. »