Author Topic: Five Nights at Freddy's 1 and 2 and also 3 I think  (Read 313839 times)

Why is there a problem with there being a third game?

Why is there a problem with there being a third game?
Here's my gripes with the game, I know you guys don't like that I come in here to complain but this is why I don't see the appeal to the game

Scott released 3 games within 9 months of release. I don't like how a franchise has 3 titles released within a year myself, it makes the yearly call of duty release cycle look normal. I understand its an indie game, but even if you're done with your work its best if you don't do it like this. It completely ruins how a game would be in my opinion and I would rather see it be yearly, take binding of issac for example, the second one was released and it was awesome, what if they did that after the success of the first one within 5 months? would it have the same impact?

The fanbase, you can't do much about it. Most communities of any sort of game are terrible, especially youtuber bait gone wrong. As any other series goes, this is probably as bad as the my little pony community, except way more pretentious. I'm not calling everyone who likes the game bad, I just dislike the people who obsess over it and that's something that really bothers me.

The die hard take advantage of the popularity of a game and then make knock-offs of the game. Take minecraft for example when it was released. Now there's Fortresscraft Castleminer/Z and some others just for the Xbox 360 alone. There's been several knock-offs of the game to take advantage of its popularity, again its not the devs fault, its how the game got popular and you can look at the community for that. Personally I've never played the game but I would rather not give money to someone who sells 3 variants of the game within a year. Imagine buying a brand new phone and then next month you see a new one announced.

My gripes with the game, if you like it go ahead.

Well, I mean, Scott has done enough to change up the formula every time he's released a new one. If he was a bit speedier about making new ones, it didn't really seem to impact the quality of the games.
But yeah, the community is awful.

I don't really think there would be a way for him to pad out the dev times though.
This isn't a Starbound or Dayz where the devs have no idea what they're doing. The developer knows what he wants out of it, and can develop it and push it out the door. As well, it isn't very difficult to make a bunch of spoopy 3d renders and turn them into images. These games have short development times for a reason, because there really isn't a lot to develop in the first place.

-
That isn't to say I'm a fan of the games being released so quickly. It's over saturating the taste of those who enjoy the game. While its certainly nice to have a big bag of chips, you tend to enjoy them more over time than when you eat the whole bag at once. It would've been a bit better to have 4-6 month release dates between games, because you can keep the attracted audience (and their money), while also keeping the taste of the game fresh, instead of overused and overdone.

Which is one thing I do respect about these games so far, aside from the base mechanics of the game, they're uniquely different experiences, and "puzzles". It isn't a case of Call of Duty where you get a new couple gun skins and new maps for $60 every year. This is a nice affordable scary game that'll entertain you and your friends for an evening, what more could you ask for?

i just feel like the third one is much better then the 2nd which is does look like it was rushed

the animations are choppy, when the enemies 'jump' at you from the main hall it can look like they're jumping out of a wall, etc

could have done without the second but the third one is atleast 4 spooky

I don't really think there would be a way for him to pad out the dev times though.
put more time into making the game different from the original?
I would be all for this game if they weren't all similar with a different twist.

Hotline Miami 2 is also a good example, its not out yet but it deserves to be called a new game.

The game looks really scary. It actually seems like it is the best game in the series.

Since they are no pics on wiki i need pics of phantom puppet, bonnie, and freddy fazbear

put more time into making the game different from the original?
I would be all for this game if they weren't all similar with a different twist.

Hotline Miami 2 is also a good example, its not out yet but it deserves to be called a new game.
But Hotline Miami 2 is part of the same boat.
It keeps the mechanics of the original, and builds off them. That's what a sequel is all about really.
The main difference is the plot really (which HM certainly has over this game)

I am a little bit confused by this, because the 3 freddy games are all different than one another aside from basic look at camera mechanics and art design. As well with Hotline Miami, there is an improvement of current mechanics, and a new story to tell, still all you do is beat up people and have a blast. If you cut them down with just sequel properties, they're actually in much better seas than most AAA titles.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:11:25 PM by Jubel »

Here's the good ending end screen.
I think this is the last fnaf game.

Fnaf 4 Electric Spookaloo
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:24:41 PM by Landmineman4000² »

Here's the good ending end screen.
I think this is the last fnaf game.
what happens in the first pizza place? fredbears?

fnaf 4: the revival revival