Author Topic: Birthday/College Thread  (Read 1201 times)

Have fun!

I'm going to Virginia Tech in a few days

Obligatory.

Best of luck to you in your continued education.

You're 18; buy yourself a rifle.

My mom went to ASU on a full scholarship from scholastic. 1988. If they have old graduating class photos, post them here, I'll look for her picture

I think she majored in graphic design (she doesn't work in graphic design anymore)

You're 18; buy yourself a rifle.
Rifles aren't exactly chump change. There's three I'm looking at, the cheapest is $900. Beretta CX-4 Storm

If you want to buy a powerful one, yeah, you can spend a small fortune, but a .22 lever action rimfire or something shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.  I don't know how well moderators would take it if I posted a link to a site selling firearms, but using that search criteria I found that for about $500 with a good consumer rating (4.5/5 21 ratings; another < $400 with 4/5 4 ratings).

I dunno.  If you're strapped for cash just blow some fireworks or something.

You can't own guns on a college campus, lol.

For this reason:
don't get shot
otherwise
rip in peice

Also happy birthday.  What are you majoring in BTW? I have a lot of friends in Barrett majoring in the sciences like me

Also happy birthday.  What are you majoring in BTW? I have a lot of friends in Barrett majoring in the sciences like me
Computer Science. I'm in Cereus.

How'd you get used to all this? It's loving crazy all the stuff around here, I could basically get lost forever by walking five feet outside my door.

Computer Science. I'm in Cereus.

How'd you get used to all this? It's loving crazy all the stuff around here, I could basically get lost forever by walking five feet outside my door.
You should have seen me on my first week of class, I was using my phone gps to get to class lmao. It's really overwhelming but whats awesome about ASU is you can go up to random people and get invited to parties/events and make friends extremely easily. idk about Barett though, you guys aren't exactly liked by the rest of the campus heh. Anyway, I recommend walking around your dorm and finding people to talk to. Be prepared to be approached by random strangers as well. Barett is well known for trying to get their whole class involved with stupid crap.

If you want to buy a powerful one, yeah, you can spend a small fortune, but a .22 lever action rimfire or something shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.
Cheap equipment == less safe/fewer usages
expensive equipment == more safe/more usages
firearms are kind of important to be safe.

I don't know how well moderators would take it if I posted a link to a site selling firearms, but using that search criteria I found that for about $500 with a good consumer rating (4.5/5 21 ratings; another < $400 with 4/5 4 ratings).
We have one moderator. Badspot, ie Eric Hartman.
Furry research practically gets posted here. We have a drug megathread where people have discussed everything from weed to coke and LSD. There's a special interest megathread. Feel free to post your links.

However, I'm buying my rifles local. I refuse to go used. I'm not strapped for cash in the slightest, if I wanted to I could go and buy my dream rifle (Scar-H, which averages $1500-2500). However, I'm going to college, and that would be extremely wasteful.
So I'm not buying a rifle. I'm waiting until I'm out of college and I have a reliable source of income.
On the other hand, once I graduate I'm investing in a pistol, more than like S&W, and a CC permit. The CX-4 Storm is a 9mm, So I'm thinking a 9mm pistol would be more than ideal. Bare minimum stopping power, and I can switch the ammo back and forth (for the most part, I need to put a little more research into it.)

Yay we share birthdays

You should have seen me on my first week of class, I was using my phone gps to get to class lmao. It's really overwhelming but whats awesome about ASU is you can go up to random people and get invited to parties/events and make friends extremely easily. idk about Barett though, you guys aren't exactly liked by the rest of the campus heh. Anyway, I recommend walking around your dorm and finding people to talk to. Be prepared to be approached by random strangers as well. Barett is well known for trying to get their whole class involved with stupid crap.
That might not be a bad thing. Never been great at approaching just random people and expecting to become instant friends.

I am only going to mandatory stuff like floor meetings and the welcome things though.

My bro moved in to college on his bithday (the 15th)

Good luck.

my birthday is tomorrow
lel