College thread (OP actually somewhat updated)

Author Topic: College thread (OP actually somewhat updated)  (Read 33700 times)

So I move in tomorrow. Haven't even started packing. It feels surreal, I've been anticipating this day for like a decade.. and finally it's gonna be here tomorrow.
It's incredibly surreal.  The sadder part is not having every one of my friends from high school every day.  There's a good portion coming with me to UMD but like still it's just not the same.

It's incredibly surreal.  The sadder part is not having every one of my friends from high school every day.  There's a good portion coming with me to UMD but like still it's just not the same.
the reality im going to face next spring :/

I don't have a single schoolfriend coming to Uni with me. There aren't even any in the same country as me.
Closest are actually those who are still at home (which is 71 miles away as the crow flies, or 200 as the car goes, or 8 hours on trains).

Just got back from my introduction week, dead tired but some of the best fun I've had in my life. Met some great people and did some really fun stuff.

i couldn't have said this any better myself.

there are a few kids from my highschool that came up, but none that im really close with. eventually though i'm sure i'll make enough friends, considering how incredibly social i am, to forget about how much i miss my friends back at home.

I'm going to go into psychology for college, does anyone here happen to know a good college for that? I aim to go into counseling and helping people with mental illness's like depression, PTSD, ect.
Tumblr's pretty good at that.

add university of dayton

there are a few kids from my highschool that came up, but none that im really close with. eventually though i'm sure i'll make enough friends, considering how incredibly social i am, to forget about how much i miss my friends back at home.

Yep.

ayyy i didn't know adinx went to ecu

Yooo so I moved in today. Been pretty chill so far, no parties yet or anything, but I hear someone might be throwing something later on. Internet speed is forgetin' outrageous, super happy about that. One of my roommates is this 28 year old black dude who got out of the military after like 3 tours of Afghanistan, agreed instantly to provide all the alcohol we need. The apartments brand new so it's reaaaally nice, aside from the fact that we haven't gotten our bar stools or TV remotes yet.

One of my roommates is this 28 year old black dude who got out of the military after like 3 tours of Afghanistan, agreed instantly to provide all the alcohol we need.
Literally, ma brother

story time:

last night i was bored af so i decided to go to an on campus dorm to go play cards against humanity because i knew it was going on and i had literally nothing else to do. i get there and i sat next to this somewhat attractive girl, like an 8/10, and she said she needed to go smoke soon so i jokingly said "oh take me with you." anyway she left so i'm just playing cards for a few minutes and i'm having fun, it's funny and stuff and the girl comes back and she's like "yo it's sketchy coming back up here, and you wanted to come with me so let's go" to me. i completely loving forgot who she was or what she even said lmao so i asked where are we going. meanwhile the entire group is silent just listening to us. she said to go smoke, i asked her what, and she said weed. the entire group just stared me down like put me on the spot and stuff. i ended up going with her. turns out her name is karleigh and i got drunk and messaged her on facebook a day or two ago actually asking her to come play cards against humanity with some friends and myself, and drink with us lol. we went to her car and she parked in some sketchy ass parking lot on campus and we smoked a couple bowls. then we went back cause she wanted to meet up with her friends and she ran into some other people she knew beforehand. all the people who were playing cards were gone at this point so we all just left. we found her actual friends, some asian girl and some girl who forgets a lot of asian people, went back to her car and toked another bowl each. this was some of the best stuff i've ever smoked in my life by the way, not even kidding. we went to this hookah lounge place called Natura or something idfk and just chilled there for a while. the asian loving bitch ordered some dope ass tea though that tasted more like a milkshake. we left, toked some more, then went to steak n shake. i ate 5 of the bombest loving sliders i've ever had, and got spoon fed a reeses milkshake by the girl who invited me to begin with. as we were leaving, some big asian dude in a green v neck walks in and starts talking to the girl who forgets asians because apparently they used to forget a lot (go figure). bitch wouldn't shut up about him all loving night afterward, whatever. we got back on campus and the original girl dipped because she didn't have her key and wanted to get into her building while people were still actively walking in and out so she could just trail in behind someone. asian girl and asian loving girl took me back to their dorm and we all just chilled there for a while. once i could finally charge my phone again i turned it on and this girl i've been trying to get with texted me telling me to come to a party off campus. i left and headed out and as soon as i'm about to leave the campus she texts me telling me the party got cancelled. i went home and went to bed and woke up with some blonde girl next to me wtf.

story time, kids.

I planned my schedule out to be nice but being waitlisted really screwed it all up. At least Thursday and Friday are still dope. If I had the other class I wanted my Monday and Wednesday break would have been only been an hour before it and after which would of been nicer actually.

Updated OP with Rooged's story, sorry I haven't been active in managing the thread, I've been too busy with getting settled into my own college

Met a couple guys in the dorm across from me who are steam users, and my room neighbors love to play smash and other classic wii games and gamecube games but are also somewhat athletic and completely social. Its honestly so nice here, people are so willing to randomly socialize unlike highschool. Also the RA is cool asf, and Tech dining centers are amazing. Starting classes tomorrow
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:13:40 PM by Dodger »