Author Topic: Blender modeling, boolean not working as intended  (Read 787 times)

I am trying to make a moving gun slide adding a boolean to the Hammer and using that as the moving part, but adding a boolean, it seems to duplicate the hammer, and make the original hammer into the same object as the gun base itself. This is really vague and i don't know how to explain this better, so i got screenshots

Showing name of Hammer_Cut

Showing name of Gun_Base

Adding modifier Boolean operation difference on Gun_Base to Hammer_Cut

Wire aftermath

Showing how it duplicated the hammer_cut and merged the old one into the same object as the gun_base

More images

Even more images

You want a groove shaped like that box in the gun?

You want a groove shaped like that box in the gun?
Yes, i'm basically attaching the sliding parts to it.

Well, actually kind of. I am trying to make it so, the gun base modifies to the movement of the Hammer_Cut.. Kind of.. Idk. It should be possible

Animation has nothing to do with the boolean modifier.

What i mean is, one brick adjusts it shape constantly to the moving of another one inside it. It has worked before, but for whatever reason, it won't now

What i mean is, one brick adjusts it shape constantly to the moving of another one inside it. It has worked before, but for whatever reason, it won't now
That can be done but I highly doubt that's what you want to do here. I've never seen anyone do it in Blockland models.

Do you want to do something like this?

I guess i'm overthinking the whole thing. I guess i can just make a shape inside the gun base. Thank you for your time.