script_eval download?

Author Topic: script_eval download?  (Read 2225 times)

I need it so I cant play mafia madness.

eval scripts are failbinned on sight, they can't be posted here. i'd suggest not using eval at all if you can help it -- it's an add-on that's designed to allow other admins/superadmins on your server to directly control the server from your console as if they were the host. they can potentially delete your entire blockland folder, which poses a serious security risk should you trust that power with someone with malicious intent.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:01:25 PM by PowerDag »

eval scripts are failbinned on sight, they can't be posted here. i'd suggest not using eval at all if you can help it -- it's an add-on that's designed to allow other admins/superadmins on your server to directly control the server from your console as if they were the host. they can potentially delete your entire blockland folder, which poses a serious security risk should you trust that power with someone with malicious intent.
Make it host only using if(%client.getBLID() == getNumKeyID()). Duh. Also, OP, I'll PM it to you.

And this is also why you should never require it for any sort of game mode. Many people will cluelessly download the first one they find with google not even knowing the risk.

I'm not sure why it's required for mafia madness either. Makes no sense.

And this is also why you should never require it for any sort of game mode. Many people will cluelessly download the first one they find with google not even knowing the risk.

I'm not sure why it's required for mafia madness either. Makes no sense.
Make it host only using if(%client.getBLID() == getNumKeyID()).
That's why I said this. OP, do you want me to PM you a host only eval?

Make it host only using if(%client.getBLID() == getNumKeyID()). Duh. Also, OP, I'll PM it to you.
what is the point of a host-only eval? it was literally made for other people to use the host's console. the host can already use their own console, why would they need an add-on for it.

the host can already use their own console, why would they need an add-on for it.

Yeah, I guess I can use the console on my dedicated server when I'm halfway across the country.

what is the point of a host-only eval? it was literally made for other people to use the host's console. the host can already use their own console, why would they need an add-on for it.
If the host doesn't have direct access to the console (eg dedicated servers hosted from another computer).

That's why I said this. OP, do you want me to PM you a host only eval?
sure

I need it so I cant play mafia madness.
Do you have a program to open zip folders? You can just make it so that mafia madness doesn't require eval

It's not a bad thing to have, like everything else it's only abusive if you make it abusive. It's your fault if people abuse something on your server. Eval is actually a really helpful tool to have for your server. If I'm not connected to my VPN but I need to run a line of code quickly I'm able to. I can give players who know what they're doing access to it if they need it.