Author Topic: Ice Bricks?  (Read 1024 times)

I was wondering if there was any way to make bricks where the player will slide on them like ice.  I have zone bricks, but I have yet to find a way to make ice using them.  I have been using the slippery playertype, but it's not as versatile as I would like.  Help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

suggestions&requests exists for a reason

to change friction you'd have to have a different player datablock id assume

so theres probably no way to do it with bricks

suggestions&requests exists for a reason

at least help him first, jesus

You can make a player slide with ramp bricks, although it's not really like ice.

Sorry about that!  Thanks for the help though.

don't some zonebricks do this? if not you could do it but it'd be very complicated without a script.

you could use VCE to detect when the player stops walking and add a little bit of velocity in whatever direction they are facing.

It doesn't really work like ice, but once I was kinda gliding with low gravity zones. Don't know how I did it tho that's all the info I have dude.

It doesn't really work like ice, but once I was kinda gliding with low gravity zones. Don't know how I did it tho that's all the info I have dude.
yeah thats what i was thinking of. get a low gravity zone and put it in the earth, so it only reaches one plate above the ground. then players will basically "float" along the ground instead of having full control

so theres probably no way to do it with bricks

Actually, a while back, while I was redoing my chair bricks, I had created some sort of error where the brick itself became slippery and acted like it had no friction. I don't believe I have that file anymore, but what happened was that I had two identical collision boxes overlapping one another.

Here's the file for reference, if anybody wants it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:16:56 AM by Peejster »