Author Topic: am i the only one who misses the various randomizer servers?  (Read 2416 times)

Neither do you, apparently. The only script involved was Truce's random weapon script which is publicly available.
Don't talk if you have no idea what you're talking about. I wrote many custom scripts that we used on the server, including the semi-random weapons.

i preferred the unlimited lives games.

those were good times
The problem with unlimited lives is that people will simply keep suiciding until they get the weapons they want, defying the randomizer system.

The problem with unlimited lives is that people will simply keep suiciding until they get the weapons they want, defying the randomizer system.
Well on that server in particular you'd be dead before long so ya might as well fight with what you got lol
Actually on an unlimited lives server you could rectify that by having it take away points for suiciding. That way the people that do that have little chance of winning.

...Or alternatively you could just disable Self Delete.

...Or alternatively you could just disable Self Delete.
So if you get stuck you have to rejoin?

So if you get stuck you have to rejoin?
Good point. But someone would likely kill you first.

Good point. But someone would likely kill you first.
Depends on where you get stuck.

Don't talk if you have no idea what you're talking about. I wrote many custom scripts that we used on the server, including the semi-random weapons.
If that's the case, then Truce's script is available. I saw nothing else that could be described as "many custom scripts."

If that's the case, then Truce's script is available. I saw nothing else that could be described as "many custom scripts."

You probably didn't visit the server often.

I cant really say that I miss them, since I still see them hosted every few weeks. I used to love playing on those Randomizer DM's, but they got boring after awhile.

You probably didn't visit the server often.
if you want to say what you contributed instead of dancing around it that'd be swell

Zix < Nickels
neither got boring ever, except Zix's, his got boring when you spawn right next to someone. Which didnt happen in Nickels becase his had teams. Plus his weapons were a stuff ton better than zix's

Nickel's was my favorite. Still didn't like playing them too much after the 10th one shot kill it starts to piss you off