Author Topic: What would you do if you were capable of developing the game?  (Read 7269 times)

literally all the people are saying they would fix stuff and actually have constant updates are straight up lying. As soon as they were put in the position of being the creator of Blockland, they would realise that developing a game isn't as easy as saying 'I am going to add better vehicle physics'.

literally all the people are saying they would fix stuff and actually have constant updates are straight up lying. As soon as they were put in the position of being the creator of Blockland, they would realise that developing a game isn't as easy as saying 'I am going to add better vehicle physics'.
Yeah. People should be realistic about it and only say they would fix stuff they would know how to fix

lol are people that dumb bedpost litterally said forget it i'm not updating it, no if an's or buts about it

And if people really care about vehicle physics so much make your own damn lego pc game, you know it wont be fixed
in fact vehicle physics make speedkart much more fun

And if people really care about vehicle physics so much make your own damn lego pc game, you know it wont be fixed
in fact vehicle physics make speedkart much more fun
um speed kart sucks tho

if I knew code I'd give threads of how the development is going

kill myself

I'd make a whole new vehicle system

personally support love rps on master server list

i'd make every block in the game into a different sized snake, therefor we are now roosterland.

I would try "re-releasing" the game. I would input new game modes (such as superkart and probably other kid-friendly gamemodes), and make the game more family friendly. I would remove the mature add-ons such as gore, and would definately remove the sign on the paint can where it say "This paint can paints F***ing all. New Music would be implemented, mostly inspired by the superkart music. And yes, an updated Torque engine. 3 adventure modes to play with friends with different themes (such as action/adventure, puzzle, and stragety), a new main menu (alot like Filipi1020's main menu demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0tLegwYDiU&index=48&list=UUBJnZs0E0HUxh7cVvGpF9Ig ). Since there are some people who hate the concept of "kid friendly", a button will be implemented to turn the mature filter either on or off. Weapons that are family-oriented could be ray guns, swords and bows, and silly items such as pans, punching gloves, and fish. If the mature filter is on, then weapons such as guns, tanks, and other modern weapons will be implemented in-game. Servers who turn there mature filter on will block people who don't have their mature filters on. New server features may include an easier set-up, new bots (such as animals), and even a level editor where instead of building from your perspectve, you can build from a bird's eye view (such as the one from sim city.) Some game modes will be changed to fit this new and improved game, such as replacing speedkart with Filipe1020's superkart and etc. The tutorial will be updated, as it now includes an instructor which tells you tips on how to use the game (basically Infomaniac from the Lego Island series). New faces and decals will be added to the game with more girls, boys, animal faces (for dem furry communities) and maybe some pop culture faces (the creep bear decal will be removed due to a "not so child-friendly background"). New bricks, vehicles, and maps will be included also and the player will now be able to use emotes, taunts, and pre-made sentences to express their feelings when they can't find the courage to type it manually. When talking, bubbles will pop over their heads that have the words you type. This removes the hassle of having to scroll up the word list to find the right conversation. If you're afraid of having to many talk bubbles on your screen, you can turn them off from the options menu. New events such as quests and teleportation will later become useful when building your map or sever. Servers will have more slots for both dedicated servers and normal ones. I hope these ideas will not go to waste (Badspot, start writing this down) and will help change the future of Blockland for the better.  :cookieMonster: for reading.

(P.S. I also forgot to mention that both website and forums will also be changing. The website will now have the trailer on the main page, and the The Website will have more of a modern/friendlier feel. The forums will have places to download mods and saves and music. If the posts are plagiarized, mods are inappropriate or broken, or anything is wrong, our staff members are here to help. Another thing to mention is that with the mature filter off, mods will not work until the filter is turned on. It keeps the kiddies safe and the parents happy. Oh, and the player ingame can now where hats or use hairstyles and can have new body parts and accessories. That is all.)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:53:57 PM by cblock360 »

Nobody saying any of these things are aware of how much in the pain maintaining development on something for a decade is. Hell, I can only guess based on a few years of experience. It's incredible how self-entitled some people are.

Opinions.
Aww, he's offended!

re-add dog kicking
never work on it again

fix vehicle physics
let people w/ intel use shadows
~this isn't developing, but~ i'd fix the add-on section of the forums so that it could be sorted by date rating etc